Corsair K70 RGB in ULTIMATE Surround Build Guide

at 16:55 Linus shows the K70 RGB with green backlight active :o

we have been waiting long enough and you are trying to hide it in a build guide

cmon Linus, finally review it :D 

some people pointed out on the MAHOOSIVE Corsair RGB thread that the RGB in this video has a few dead LED's, Not very promising considering Corsair said these new keyboards would cut down massively on dead LED's.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

some people pointed out on the MAHOOSIVE Corsair RGB thread that the RGB in this video has a few dead LED's, Not very promising considering Corsair said these new keyboards would cut down massively on dead LED's.

The keyboard was delayed because of issues and the model that Linus has is probably one that was having those issues (since the actual keyboard won't be shipping until September 8th). They have probably fixed this stuff by now. Also, we can't say for sure that they are dead LEDs. Corsair allows you do turn on and turn off the backlight for each key so it depends on how Linus himself set the lighting up on the keyboard. 

17:03 uh oh... Dead LED beside the 0 numpad key.. another one spotted beside the right windows key :(

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I'll give Corsair the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't intentionally display their upcoming products knowing the press would take footage of the keyboard with issues like that as we saw in both Linus's and Tek Syndicate's video. It would be very reputation damaging to release it in that state. I'm still really looking forward to it...in MX Blues!

It's really weird it's happening to these units since the prototype showed at CES 2014 had all of the LEDs working

Give me the rice

It's really weird it's happening to these units since the prototype showed at CES 2014 had all of the LEDs working

LEDs don't die right out of the box or in an hour (usually). I talked to a corsair rep and he said that the K70 RGB sent out to reviewers are all prototypes and the issues have since been fixed (thus the delays).