Windows 7 random crash

carnage017

W7 crashes, but causes no bsod.the screen seems to corrupt itself and the only thing to do is press the power button once and it restarts. I 've reinstalled video drivers, I have done sfc scans, Seagate tools chkdsk. I have done ram tests, benchmarked gpu with different software. No problems. Help?

what was the thing you were doing when it crash?

temps of your PC?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Cpu temps are 30-40c

Gpu temps are 40-50c

I thought it used to be when I would stream videos online. But know it appears it crashes when I multitask, perhaps going between tabs, escaping from full screen video online, altabbing out of game sometimes... But there is no precise moment it's random.

check your RAM usage

also disable any hardware acceleration for adobe flash

update java and flash also

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ummmm, BSOD will be in event viewer, always under "WARNING" in the system sub folder. So start there.

well again, i dont get any bsod its just a crash where the image becomes corrupted and then im forced to reboot computer.

Could you please post your full specs?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

I can't view this link without signing in which I don't want to do. Any chance you could post it here?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

well i ve been trying to but i dont see an option to upload files : c

You could type the text in...  :D

it looks more like a GPU problem to me

what is your GPU?

amd 7970 ghz sapphire

i thought the same thing, but i have reinstalled drivers, played with catalyst settings, and have ran benchmarks and intensive games but it doesnt crash while playing or running heavy stuff.

amd 7970 ghz sapphire

i thought the same thing, but i have reinstalled drivers, played with catalyst settings, and have ran benchmarks and intensive games but it doesnt crash while playing or running heavy stuff.

hmm it may seem to me it may be going out soon

i will suggest RMA it if it still under warranty

or time for a new GPU :(

well that could be a possibility :C

but i dont know.. i would expect this to happen first in intensive gpu loads if it were failing, before happening in idle loads.

just to test it out

check the refresh rate that it is using

and disable ULPS

wow i never knew about ulps... the refresh rate is 60hz and i ll see what happens. 

btw i disabled ulps by EnableUlps = 0 in regedit?

wow i never knew about ulps... the refresh rate is 60hz and i ll see what happens. 

btw i disabled ulps by EnableUlps = 0 in regedit?

yes and you can do that in afterburner

well it took long enough but it finally crashed again :C