675mx vs 7970m

Sklomp

I am asking this since i am split between two laptops. One has a 675mx and the other one has a 7970m, both are exactly the same specs but the one with the 675mx is €200 expensiver. Which one should I chose to buy?

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Get the cheaper one then. 

Not to be a jerk but more expensive, not expensiver, you sounded kinda silly :D again not wanting to be a jerk.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

isn't the gtx675m just a rebranded gtx580m? or at least that's what i heard..7970m is a beast laptop gpu, and 200 bucks less..no doubt there..

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

Get the 7970m it preforms nearly the same and is $200 cheaper.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'm not sure, but are you completely certain that you want a laptop with a GPU? You can get a much better value building a desktop yourself, we can help you here on the forums.

Yah the AMD option is my pick. $200 is a lot and performance doesn't differ too much.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Get your self the 7970m, and treat yourself to a nice mouse and headset, that will give you a way better experience than the 2fps difference :)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I'm not sure, but are you completely certain that you want a laptop with a GPU? You can get a much better value building a desktop yourself, we can help you here on the forums.

I am going to need a high performance notebook for my study, so i thought that it is more cost effective to get an high performance notebook gpu as well since both a gaming pc and a high performance laptop will be way more expensive.

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

Get the cheaper one then. 

Not to be a jerk but more expensive, not expensiver, you sounded kinda silly :D again not wanting to be a jerk.

Well now I see the fault, I did know something was wrong but didn't know what. I guess if it wasn't my second language I wouldn't have done such silly mistake

The go to site for notebook GPU benchmarks is notebookcheck.net

Here is the pages for both video cards

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7970M.72675.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-675MX.82580.0.html

In general the Radeon is the faster card but Nvidia optimized games have some performance advantages so check the list of benchmarks for any specific game you might play.

I just found a post about a 780m, i guess i should wait till computex is done and then I will rethink about it. Going to need it in august so I do have some time to chose. 

Anyways, thanks for your input! If they don't introduce the 780m on a short period I'm going to go for a 7970m!

I just found a post about a 780m, i guess i should wait till computex is done and then I will rethink about it. Going to need it in august so I do have some time to chose. 

Anyways, thanks for your input! If they don't introduce the 780m on a short period I'm going to go for a 7970m!

Quick question. Do you actually NEED a high performance notebook? Or do you just need a notebook and also a pc to play games on. It would probably be cheaper and give better gaming performance to buy an actual gaming desktop (even if on budget build) and a notebook rather than just one super high performance notebook.

I signed up for a study, and I got a list of things my laptop should have, they came with a i7 quad core, 8+GB ram and a dedicated GPU, so I need one for my study and spending a little more on a better gpu will be alot cheaper then replacing the mobo, gpu, psu and case of my current system to make it gameworthy and buy a laptop with those specs