Memory Choice

So im slowly upgrading my system. Looking to get some new ram next, this is my current motherboard.

The ram i was looking at is:

Corsair Dominator PLATINUM 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz

Corsair Dominator PLATINUM 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-17100C9 2133MHz

Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz

Two questions.

My mb currently only supports upto 1333Mhz ram, if i was to buy some with greater speed than this could i still use in inbetween upgrading ram and upgrading motherboard? (i believe for these speeds you have to set the speed you want in bios anyway?)

Which one out of the three to choose? Or any others that i have not looked at?
Thanks

Get the cheapest CL9 1600 memory you can find. Ram is ram and Platinums are a waste of money.

Most motherboards default to 1333 and you have to go into the bios and change it.

Edit: Also, any speed above 1600 for ram is hard to notice.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the dominators (while look pretty) are a COMPLETE waist of money almost so much that they it should be illegal. get some vengeance ram or something.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Of the three I would choose the Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz but as other have said dominator ram is more abnout the looks than anything else. Buying a cheaper set of ram that doesn't look so great will work just as well.

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

Of the three I would choose the Corsair Dominator 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz but as other have said dominator ram is more abnout the looks than anything else. Buying a cheaper set of ram that doesn't look so great will work just as well.

theres other ram that looks as good if not better than platinums and are faster and cheaper imo

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

theres other ram that looks as good if not better than platinums and are faster and cheaper imo

True Very true :D

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

Okay, looking at the website this is the cheapest 1600Mhz 8gb ram that is available?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-036-AR&groupid=701&catid=8

Also any help on my first question?

My motherboard is only specified for 1333Mhz

EDIT: On closer inspection it does actually say it can handle 1600Mhz. Any answer to the question tho anyway?

Okay, looking at the website this is the cheapest 1600Mhz 8gb ram that is available?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-036-AR&groupid=701&catid=8

Also any help on my first question?

My motherboard is only specified for 1333Mhz

It looks good. --Aesthetically too. It's nice to see a red and black theme both in the memory.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.