Desktop Window Manager crashing constantly with new monitor.

Ddm5
Go to solution Solved by Accidentx13,

What type connection you using ? All the right drivers install for the pc/gpu output ? Does it have an error code in event viewer ?

Picked up a DELL 1907FP for £5 today at a local car bootsale and ever since I've had it plugged in the moment I log on and get to my desktop Desktop Window Manager crashed on load, no idea why. I've disconnected it through the resolution settings and reenabled it through the settings and DWM does NOT crash until a full restart. Any ideas of how to fix this?  

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Anyone? 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

What type connection you using ? All the right drivers install for the pc/gpu output ? Does it have an error code in event viewer ?

Current setup is Dvi to Vga on the Dell 1907FP, U2713HM is running off of the displayport. Another 19 inch monitor is running off of the dual link DVI. I'll update the drivers and such and I'll check event viewer in 5. 

How did you go ? I have had previously issues with DVI to VGA adapters.

Oddly enough the drivers may have been the issue, after updating the drivers for my 660 and Geforce experience the problem subsided. Which the majority of the time never fixes anything, but thanks anyway for the help.