A little help overclocking

So I finally made the switch to Intel and when going through the bios I was basically raped by all the settings.

So do I have to change any of the settings other than, the core clock ratio, and the voltage?

I'm using a maximus vii hero and a 4690k

Soz guys

Also, what would be a good over clock?

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Voltage and multiplier should be good. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Voltage and multiplier should be good.

What's a good over clock?

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

What's a good over clock?

Depends on the chip. My chip doesn't overclock very well at all. I would try 1.2v and 4.6ghz

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

If your new look up some tutorials or just use the auto overclocking thing :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I usually start by seeing the highest stable multiplier at stock voltages and run that as my daily OC. keep it under 1.35 volts to avoid degradation.

Here's a simple 4.4GHz overclock guide to get you started:

First things to change in the Bios. Make sure you are on your newest bios before overclocking. 

1. Set "All Core" CPU Multiplier to 44X
2. Set CPU cache Multiplier also called the Ring bus multiplier to 35
3. Set Fixed CPU Vcore to 1.25 -1.30v
4. Set CPU Cache Voltage also could be called Ring Bus voltage to 1.20v -1.25vv
5. Set Vrin also called "CPU Input Voltage" To 1.9v - 2.1v

DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT mix up the "Cpu Voltage" and the "CPU Input Voltage". One is for the CPU and the other for the On Die VRM's. 

Save and reboot into windows. 
Use your favorite Stress tool. I used IBT on High and monitor temps with Realtemp or some other monitoring program.
Run it for 10 Runs or 20 or whoever you feel comfortable with. I run it for 10 usually. If it doesn't blue screen you after the 5th run you could assume you're stable. Again run it for as many times as you want. Get through 10 or 20 runs and no crash? Congratulations you're stable and you can fine tune. 

ibt44_zps3aebe6fe.jpg

cpuz44_zps91cb7de5.jpg

asrockatune12_zps0fee5259.jpg

asrockatune22_zpsf9d0ecf0.jpg

Some extra's. Some bios' will add in a little offset voltage for both the CPU and Cache. Mine was .8 for the CPU and .4 for the Cache. If that happens put the lowest setting you can. Not "Auto" but .01 for each. My ASRock board did but i don't know if yours will.

Here's a simple 4.4GHz overclock guide to get you started:

much love <3