I'm really confused!

jake98
Go to solution Solved by Lord Pantaloons,

You aren't allowed to talk about pirating things on the forum, also the amount of seeds and how much they are seeding would reflect how fast you can download something.

Dont know how to delete a post so i did this sorry

We all got left behind.

You aren't allowed to talk about pirating things on the forum, also the amount of seeds and how much they are seeding would reflect how fast you can download something.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this is like

illegal

k m9?

Didn't get to see the OP, if it was just a question about torrents keep in mind that not all torrents are of pirated software, there are numerous companies that use torrents to help increase download speeds instead of all the data coming directly from a server.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

:ph34r:

From the CoC:

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

• "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:
  • Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

No where in this does it say you can't talk about torrenting or even pirating as long as you follow those rules. 

i.e. You can talk about piracy as a subject, you just can't say you pirate, direct people to places to pirate things, or anything similar.

Just saying. Torrents aren't against CoC in and of themselves. I didn't see your first post before you edited it, but I thought I'd mention this so you'd understand what is and isn't acceptable.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

basically i said that a download comming from bittorrent client was running very slow compaired to when i download somthing off of steam and i didnt know why

Bittorrent: 330kbps

Steam 8.5mbps

Thats pretty much it sorry bout breaking the coc i wont bring this subject up again using the forum

Didn't get to see the OP, if it was just a question about torrents keep in mind that not all torrents are of pirated software, there are numerous companies that use torrents to help increase download speeds instead of all the data coming directly from a server.

We all got left behind.

basically i said that a download comming from bittorrent client was running very slow compaired to when i download somthing off of steam and i didnt know why

Bittorrent: 330kbps

Steam 8.5mbps

Thats pretty much it sorry bout breaking the coc i wont bring this subject up again using the forum

That isn't breaking the coc at all...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That isn't breaking the coc at all...

I guess some people didn't read the post on backseat modding.  :P