Lenovo y50 mic not working

FireViper015

I recently bought a Lenovo y50 for school and it is a nice laptop, but the mic has been having issues. One time I turned on Skpe to talk to a friend and he couldn't hear me and I restarted SKype and nothing changed. I made a recording in audacity to see if it would work, and it was only constant white noise coming out. I restarted the computer and it started to work again. But today, I was playing CS:GO and they said my mic was not working, and when I checked in audacity, it was the same problem. I have looked at all the settings for my mic and it doesn't fix this. I don't want to have to restart my computer every time this happens just so I can talk to people in game chat. I could use an external mic, but the internal mic is more convenient for a laptop. Has anyone had a similar issue, and does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this for good?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @4.3 GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A RAM: Corsair XMS3 Series 8GB @1600MHz GPU: EVGA 660 ti SC Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Corsair CX500

i have a lenovo y510p the model before yours and yeah love these laptops but i think u just got a bad mic that doesnt work which is strange but that seems to be the case then u can call lenovo and have u ship ur laptop to them u have a 1 year hardware warranty that came with your laptop

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply