ASUS VS278Q-P Out of Range

The Cool n00B

I just bought train sim 2014 from steam and I started playing it. But, when I start playing the game, my monitor starts displaying "out of range" over a black screen. The only other time that this happened to me was when I overclocked my monitor, but I restored it back to 60 fps, and it still happens. I was wondering if using a frame limiter like RivaTuner would help. (Riva came with afterburner).

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Resolution problem i guess? Usually "Out of Range" pops up when you are using a resolution not supported by the monitor. Try lowering the resolution.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I just bought train sim 2014 from steam and I started playing it. But, when I start playing the game, my monitor starts displaying "out of range" over a black screen. The only other time that this happened to me was when I overclocked my monitor, but I restored it back to 60 fps, and it still happens. I was wondering if using a frame limiter like RivaTuner would help. (Riva came with afterburner).

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Resolution problem i guess? Usually "Out of Range" pops up when you are using a resolution not supported by the monitor. Try lowering the resolution.

It turns out that resolution wasn't the problem. I went into the config and the default res was fine at 768, but the refresh rate wasn't, it was defaulted to 75. I lowered it to 60 and it works now :D thanks anyways.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs