LOW FPS PROBLEM

Matriox

Okay to start off my build I have an R9 290x with 8gb 1866mhz RAM and also the FX-8350...I play alot of games at 1440p 60fps no problem, but when it comes to wolfenstein I drop to the 40s so i went down to the ugly 1080p and STILL 40fps so i went from ultra to high settings and I am still stuck at 40fps with a $700 GPU!

I wanna ask first is there something wrong with one of their updates? 

Also i used to have a FX-6300 and I had a solid 60fps on 1080p ultra so is it my CPU?

and I ran geekbench and my FX-8350 came 3000 score short of others with the same CPU (if that really matters)

Or is their something wrong with my GPU and/or drivers

Thanks and any answer is welcomed

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

I tried that and steam rejects it

Changed link, check the new one please.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Okay to start off my build I have an R9 290x with 8gb 1866mhz RAM and also the FX-8350...I play alot of games at 1440p 60fps no problem, but when it comes to wolfenstein I drop to the 40s so i went down to the ugly 1080p and STILL 40fps so i went from ultra to high settings and I am still stuck at 40fps with a $700 GPU!

I wanna ask first is there something wrong with one of their updates? 

Also i used to have a FX-6300 and I had a solid 60fps on 1080p ultra so is it my CPU?

and I ran geekbench and my FX-8350 came 3000 score short of others with the same CPU (if that really matters)

Or is their something wrong with my GPU and/or drivers

Thanks and any answer is welcomed

What is your motherboard? certain motherboards throttle the 8-cores even at stock.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

What is your motherboard? certain motherboards throttle the 8-cores even at stock.

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

Changed link, check the new one please.

Thanks I'm about to try the new one

40 frames a second is not bad, nor is 30! It's just anything below 30 I can't deal with

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

40 frames a second is not bad, nor is 30! It's just anything below 30 I can't deal with

30 vs 60 I can tell a HUGE difference lol to me it looks like someone is taking pictures instead of video

My uD3p (which is the heatsinked version of it) throttled certain cores to 2.9 Ghz under load, try setting LLC to medium in the BIOS and open up something like openhardwaremonitor while gaming to check the clocks.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Have cpu-z and msi afterburner to monitor your cpu and gpu usage especially the clock rate. It is possible that one of your component aren't getting enough voltage hence underclocking