900D Cooling Loop Plan

Don't crucify me if I've done something wrong please, I'm new to this:

qaaX6BH.png

So that is the plan currently at least. I would much appreciate any input.

wow... thats a very complicated loop..... defentally think you could get shorter runs though....id suggest rethinking

I say put a 240 at the front and a 480 in the bottom and a 360 at the top

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

I wouldn't necessarily recommend water cooling your mobo. It can be done of course but it's kinda expensive and tricky I'm sure. However, if you are willing to do it and play around with, by all means.

That being said, I'd rethink your loop to prevent the tubes from crossing each other. It makes a much cleaner look. The 900D is a big case, but you are planning a massive loop and water cooling is also about nice looks. ;)

It's good that your have your res directly connected to your pump, but in reality I don't think you need to go directly to a rad from there. The water moves so quickly that there is none to very little difference in the temperature around the loop. Therefore as long as you make it to a rad eventually I wouldn't worry too much. Just thought I'd mention it so you are less restricted when planning your loop. Keep us posted. :)

wow... thats a very complicated loop..... defentally think you could get shorter runs though....id suggest rethinking

I was thinking that too, of course the above isn't final, just my first take. The rads need to be where they're at but the pump and reservoir can be repositioned.

I'm thinking you should seriously consider utilizing that massive bottom compartment?

Re-make the loop having the 480 rad at the bottom, the 360 rad at the top and the 140 at the other side of the bottom compartment or even go for a 240/280 there.

The pump should also go in the bottom compartment.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Good suggestions guys, I'll keep them in mind. I'll update with new solution when I get my 900D a couple of days from now so I can get a better idea of what I'm working with. Visualizing can only go so far.

I do not think you will benefit at all using a 140mm rad. If you get thick 480 and 360 rads a 140 would do maybe 2c difference MAX

I do not think you will benefit at all using a 140mm rad. If you get thick 480 and 360 rads a 140 would do maybe 2c difference MAX

If such is the case, I will drop that.

If such is the case, I will drop that.

Good stuff, you are buying a case made for heavy watercooling using large radiators so use it to its full potential :)

Don't crucify me if I've done something wrong please, I'm new to this:

qaaX6BH.png

So that is the plan currently at least. I would much appreciate any input.

Where did you get this picture before you edited it?

Edit: Never mind I found it.  Corsair's website.

Edit Edit:  But if I wanted to do the same thing... how did you do it?

Edited by Gnrl Kitty

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

The easiest way would be to use paint :D

Better than paint but more complicated would be gimp (I don't like it) or Pain.Net (this one I'd recommend)

Or if you want to spend hundreds of dollars get photoshop.

Then just use rectangles to mark and then fill or create templates.

The easiest way would be to use paint :D

Better than paint but more complicated would be gimp (I don't like it) or Pain.Net (this one I'd recommend)

Or if you want to spend hundreds of dollars get photoshop.

Then just use rectangles to mark and then fill or create templates.

Well I have Photoshop and obviously paint, but I can't figure out EXACTLY how he did that with the transparency and outside borderline.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

res->pump->lower 360x 60->GPU->Chipset->Right RAM->CPU->Left RAM->MOSFET->Upper 480x 60->Behind Mobo Tray->res

you'll lose some HDD, but nothing is sacred in h2o cooling..

airdeano

But if I wanted to do the same thing... how did you do it?

I used a photo editor called PhotoScape.

I used a photo editor called PhotoScape.

Got it!  Thanks :D

Got it!  Thanks :D

Use Paint, its easier. Unless you want it look nice.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The first thing that caught my eye was that tubing run right from the 360 and what looks like right infront of your res. You should want to show off a res like that, i would hope that you'd try to keep the tubing runs away from it other than in and out.

The first thing that caught my eye was that tubing run right from the 360 and what looks like right infront of your res. You should want to show off a res like that, i would hope that you'd try to keep the tubing runs away from it other than in and out.

The plan was to run it behind the tray and in through one of the gromits. Gonna move the pump and res so it doesn't really matter, but yeah, of course I wanted to show off the res.

Wow that's gonna be an awesome loop. Are you really going to have four GPU's though?? One suggestion if your loop is going to be this complicated get a dual pump setup. If one pump fails you have a backup to protect your hardware from frying if the other dies. Plus you'll have more pressure to move the water effectively through all those blocks. Good luck n' post pics when it's complete please, looking forward to this one!

Wow that's gonna be an awesome loop. Are you really going to have four GPU's though?? One suggestion if your loop is going to be this complicated get a dual pump setup. If one pump fails you have a backup to protect your hardware from frying if the other dies. Plus you'll have more pressure to move the water effectively through all those blocks. Good luck n' post pics when it's complete please, looking forward to this one!

Two pumps were my intention. The reason why it's listed as one square on the diagram is that I'm planning on using a mod kit that combines both pumps into one housing.

Two pumps were my intention. The reason why it's listed as one square on the diagram is that I'm planning on using a mod kit that combines both pumps into one housing.

Oh yeah cool I know the one, will be beast!