Looking for watercooled GPU, R9 290 w/Swiftech Komodo LE or GTX780 Poseidon?

the 290 option

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'm more of a green team guy, but the 290 with that swiftech block will have better temps.

I think the only green card that has a decent factory blocks are the EVGA ones. The rest, well not so well.........

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Honestly man, get an R9 290.  I personally own an EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler. I paid $500 for it in March.  I only game at 1080p, so it is kind of overkill.  I have recently looked into moving up to 1440p, and yea this card can handle 1440p well, but I really wish I had an R9 instead if I ever make the switch.  The R9 290 handles higher resolutions much better.  Not to mention that it is a lot cheaper, and comes with 3 free games.  If you are worried about temperatures, you could buy an R9 290 + H55 + G10 to water cool your card and it would still be less expensive than a GTX 780.  Back in March, the mining boom was still in effect, and the R9 290 was closer in price to the 780, now, you can find R9 290s for close to $320 and at that price, it is an absolute no-brainer.

If you are gaming at 1440p, go for the R9 290.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."