Help me need a mic

2xShi_2xSon

Well hello i am starting some podcast/commentart and some twitch gaming and i need a good microphone..I dont have any experience with microphones always used a cheap headset mic

So i dont want it to be really big like blue yeti ....And the budget is around 100$

If you don't want a fullsized, which is probably the highest quality option. (I.E AT2500)
You are probably stuck with a Snowflake or Modmic. 

Oh then i gueess i need a fullsized....Could you suggest me some like top 5

Well hello i am starting some podcast/commentart and some twitch gaming and i need a good microphone..I dont have any experience with microphones always used a cheap headset mic

So i dont want it to be really big like blue yeti ....And the budget is around 100$

A little over ur budget but the Editors Keys SL150 is a great microphone

sl150thumbnail_3_1.jpg

if you're willing to go xlr with a power supply 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/nady-smps-1x-phantom-power-supply

http://www.amazon.com/MXL-770-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0007NQH98/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1407812260&sr=1-1&keywords=mxl+770 

plus like 10 for the xlr cables

If you can reason out your budget, this will last you awhile. because it would be upgradable, like just throw in a audio interface between the xlr out and usb in like this one http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-302USB-Premium-5-Input-Interface/dp/B005EHILV4/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1407812055&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+audio+interface 

when you have the cash and you'll be set for a long time.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you're a beginner you really don't need anything more than a Blue Snowball. That is a quality mic at a good price and it makes no sense to invest any more for a little better quality when you don't even know if you can make back your investment. Also a ton of streamers just use headsets so it's not like it matters all that much anyway. 

I got myself an Audio Technica ATR2500 about 2 weeks ago. It's a very nice microphone, and has awesome quality for the price.

If you were to go to retail stores (Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc,.), It will run you $100. On Amazon, you can find some nice deals on It (new and used). I unfortunately got It new at a retail store, because my microphone broke and I needed a new one the same day.

It's not that big of a mic either. I would suggest get the ATR 2500 from Amazon at a good price (new or used), and a pop filter (no need to spend more than $20.00, you can get them as cheap as $6.00 @Amazon). Also, the tripod that comes with ATR2500 Is kind of horrible, so picking a cheap mic stand/tripod from Amazon wouldn't hurt either. All of that can be purchased from Amazon for around your $100 budget.

I'd go with the blue snowball. It's good enough for a lot of streamers/youtubers and if you truly need something "better" you shouldn't be looking at USB mics anyways.

Blue snowball? Is it really worth?

Any pros and cons

Pretty good quality but as with all condenser mics, it will pick up background noise. Simple to set up with usb and good enough for most people unless you're a professional. 

do i need an external stand for the snoball or a kind o studio foam for the vibrations? can anyone provide me links?

do i need an external stand for the snoball or a kind o studio foam for the vibrations? can anyone provide me links?

You don't need a stand, but having one makes it easier to get close to your mouth.

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-us-Professional-Adjustable-Suspension-Microphone/dp/B00GLGECUQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1407883772&sr=8-12&keywords=boom+arm