755m Gpu Boost

PaulKolby

okay i have a lenovo y510p laptop with a 755m gpu in it which is fine for me cause i dont need anything SUPER powerful but a 755m is decent, but back to the reason i am posting this. i was looking at the nvidia website to check the features of my gpu cause i was curious and on the nvidia website it said the the 755m doesnt have gpu boost. so i was like okay must be the fact that i dont have a gtx gpu but no i looked and EVERY OTHER 700M SERIES GPU HAS GPU BOOST so the 710m 720m 730m 740m 750m 760m 765m 770m and 780m all have gpu boost but not a 755m so can someone please explain this to me

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

okay i have a lenovo y510p laptop with a 755m gpu in it which is fine for me cause i dont need anything SUPER powerful but a 755m is decent, but back to the reason i am posting this. i was looking at the nvidia website to check the features of my gpu cause i was curious and on the nvidia website it said the the 755m doesnt have gpu boost. so i was like okay must be the fact that i dont have a gtx gpu but no i looked and EVERY OTHER 700M SERIES GPU HAS GPU BOOST so the 710m 720m 730m 740m 750m 760m 765m 770m and 780m all have gpu boost but not a 755m so can someone please explain this to me

Where did you look?

I'm looking at Features and nothing prior to the GTX line has it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

That's where I looked, and the GPU Boost feature is missing from everything prior to the GTX line.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

under technologies and supported technologies it says gpu boost 2.0

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-755M.102020.0.html

according to here

it say GPU Boost 2.0 is one of the supported feature

are you on the latest Geforce drivers?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

doesnt say so on nvidias website my gpu doesnt "boost" like it says it should and i have decent cooling not decent actually god cooling my gpu on heavy load doesnt g over 75 degrees

i am on the latest drvers

seems you are right

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/629125/geforce-mobile-gpus/gt-755m-no-gpu-boost-2-0/

but oddly no replies for the topic

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

seems you are right

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/629125/geforce-mobile-gpus/gt-755m-no-gpu-boost-2-0/

but oddly no replies for the topic

and its not because the 755m is the 750m clocked a little faster because the 765m has gpu boost

Can anyone else help?

Isn't GPU Boost 2.0 an automatic thing... I'm quite positive it is. In which case, you already have it working on your card, provided it has thermal room to move in.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section