Is this fixable?

skljom

I have Philips 220e 22'' 1080p monitor. The issue is that my colors go to the right, I changed pc (got new one with hd6770 brand new), I also changed VGA cable, I bought a bit better one and still the same issue occurs. Monitor isn't under warranty (was bought 4 years ago). And what is causing this? When I touch my cable and swiggle it left right on pc side and monitor side it kinda gets bigger or smaller (just can't figure it out). I also use DVI to VGA adapter on my GPU and I have changed two of them and still the issue is there. Here is the picture: http://i.imgur.com/9Bn20Ok.jpg . Any pro monitor experts?

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

Install the drivers badumtss

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

It's the VGA cable, my brother had this too then he upgraded to DVI and it was gone.

Hint: You're using VGA. It will do that some times.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Install the drivers badumtss

Drivers installed, on tried win7 and now win8.1 and issue still occurs.

Hint: You're using VGA. It will do that some times.

It is always like this :/

It's the VGA cable, my brother had this too then he upgraded to DVI and it was gone.

and I don't have DVI connector on monitor, only VGA :(

Why would you use a vga cable for 1080p? The problem you're experiencing seems to be you're using an analog signal, namely VGA. As with all analog signals, some information is lost as the cable gets longer and you get signal degradation. You should consider getting something digital like DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort if possible. Just a different type of cable. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, if it's one of those standards it should just work.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

and I don't have DVI connector on monitor, only VGA :(

That can't be right. Can you check again please?

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Why would you use a vga cable for 1080p? The problem you're experiencing seems to be you're using an analog signal, namely VGA. As with all analog signals, some information is lost as the cable gets longer and you get signal degradation. You should consider getting something digital like DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort if possible. Just a different type of cable. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, if it's one of those standards it should just work.

I have only VGA connector man, my friends with samsung 22'' VGA don't have this issues...

It is always like this :/

It's one of the drawbacks to VGA, is that it's analog. Thankfully, I've never had a problem with my monitor (even at 1080p).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's one of the drawbacks to VGA, is that it's analog. Thankfully, I've never had a problem with my monitor (even at 1080p).

SHIT  :(

I've switched monitors now, but when I had my TN panel I had the exact same problem when using VGA, run it on HDMI and it'll be fine.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

SHIT  :(

Take a peek at the Dell S2340M. Great monitor for the price, and if you don't mind the glossy screen, it's perfect. Most of the time it can be had for $160 (US).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

What is the exact model number of your monitor?

Phillips 220e on the front, on the back - model no: MWE1220T , produced in Taiwan, model ID: 220E1SB/00

I've switched monitors now, but when I had my TN panel I had the exact same problem when using VGA, run it on HDMI and it'll be fine.

yeah if I had one :D

I see. I've looked at the manual for your monitor and it says DVI is available on some versions of this monitor. Apparently yours isn't one of them. I can't imagine what sort of person decided to put such a flawed product on the market, but hey, you as a consumer didn't know it could be a problem and they abused that. Unfortunately then, there isn't a whole lot you can do to fix it. The better cable was a good start though. Some other things you could do are making sure your monitor and pc are plugged into the same power strip, into a earthed outlet. A high quality PSU and a metal case with no side panel window might help too, but probably aren't worth it.

Take a peek at the Dell S2340M. Great monitor for the price, and if you don't mind the glossy screen, it's perfect. Most of the time it can be had for $160 (US).

It seems very good but I can't get that one in Eastern Europe. So when I collect money I will probably go with ASUS or Samsung? Or even Philips again but with digital connectors and HDMI and display port.

It seems very good but I can't get that one in Eastern Europe. So when I collect money I will probably go with ASUS or Samsung? Or even Philips again but with digital connectors and HDMI and display port.

ASUS and Acer. There is an Acer monitor that is decent for budget (H3 line I think), so you might want to take a look at that.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

aedddad333b3b90a6b6f1584c6252adf8039a505

since when lol? Isn't the newer better?