What temperatures are too high?

thrillrkilar

I want to overclock my amd athlon cpu and my r7 260x gpu and i was wondering what temperature are too high for each of them.

If you are running the Athlon on a stock cooler then please DON'T overclock. Stock coolers barely keep things cool as it is, overclocking just increases the temps and shortens the life span by quite a bit because the temps will be too high for it to handle. Only OC if you must. Which Athlon is it? Which R7 260X is it? The GPU could be factory overclocked.

If you are running the Athlon on a stock cooler then please DON'T overclock. Stock coolers barely keep things cool as it is, overclocking just increases the temps and shortens the life span by quite a bit because the temps will be too high for it to handle. Only OC if you must. Which Athlon is it? Which R7 260X is it? The GPU could be factory overclocked.

Factory overclocked or not he can still overclock.

To the OP, what is your cooling situation? I wouldn't go beyond 83c on the GPU although it can handle 95c. Don't run it at 95c though. The CPU is a little different . I don't like temps over 80c.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Well, the stock r9 290x runs at about 90 to 95 degrees celsius, but my personal limit is around 85. It all just depends on how long you want your components to last :D  ;)  :)