780 Ti

G510Gamer
Go to solution Solved by VMaxMuffin,

Yeah you'll be able to handle the Titans :P

Only thing I would say is that you may want a non-reference cooler if you want to stealth out your build (I see you're going with the "Black Edition" rampage). This is a little tricky with Titans as NVidia only allows manufacturers to ship Titans with the reference-style cooler (I guess because it's a bit of a "flagship" for the brand), however if you're up to it Gigabyte ship their Titan with a separate Windforce cooler that you can attach yourself. I've heard they still will cover the warranty if you do this to, although you'll want to double check.

In any case, Gigabyte has the cheaper of the two Titan Blacks I can see for sale at PCCaseGear (I'm assuming that's where you're ordering from, as you're in Vic) - the other manufacturer being EVGA - so you may as well go with them, shouldn't be any noticeable performance difference.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193_1613&vk_sort=1

Is the ASUS ROG Matrix 780Ti Decent? or is there something better with mostly the same asthetics in the higher or lower price point, Team Green Or Team Red Applies 

Uses?

My Computer (Yet to be named)

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

waste of money just get a evga acx card or after market 290x 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

dont buy a matrix, its just a waste of money.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

dont buy a matrix, its just a waste of money.

okkkkkk then matrix is out of the question

this is the one you are talking about? EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB?

this is the one you are talking about? EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB?

si 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

so how does this card sound? ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC 4GB  im new to the graphics card shopping conundrum

EDIT: its almost the same asthetics so im interested

so how does this card sound? ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC 4GB  im new to the graphics card shopping conundrum

EDIT: its almost the same asthetics so im interested

from what i have heard there's some issues with the direct cu ii cooler for the 290x look into either gigabytes windforce or sapphires tri x or vapor x 

Specs

it all depends on your uses - don't overspend!

You'll have to tell us your uses for it and your current system specs for us to be able to give decent advice

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

it all depends on your uses - don't overspend!

You'll have to tell us your uses for it and your current system specs for us to be able to give decent advice

well my uses is for hardcore and long gaming sessions 4K editing audio editing and its for a build that is going to happen some time soon

well my uses is for hardcore and long gaming sessions 4K editing audio editing and its for a build that is going to happen some time soon

Are you likely to want to use CUDA acceleration for video editing? Because only nVidia offers that, so if it's important to you a GTX 780Ti or even a Titan would be helpful.

Are you likely to want to use CUDA acceleration for video editing? Because only nVidia offers that, so if it's important to you a GTX 780Ti or even a Titan would be helpful.

CUDA acceleration is helpful in situations but i dont really use it 

for 4k editing I'd suggest maybe the 780 with 6gb of RAM Look at 2 290xs in Crossfire with lots of RAM? Make sure that there's good cooling on them (and in your case and room) and that you've got an adequately power supply.

CUDA helps a lot with video editing - you should try it out

a Titan would be good for video editing but not for gaming... 

What's your budget? It would be really helpful

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

for 4k editing I'd suggest maybe the 780 with 6gb of RAM Look at 2 290xs in Crossfire with lots of RAM? Make sure that there's good cooling on them (and in your case and room) and that you've got an adequately power supply.

a titan is a 780TI but with floating point acceleration 

its still good for gaming

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

my budget is unimportant i have a 1200 Watt powersupply and i dont have any software that supports CUDA so im not using it anyway is there a way to get a titan to switch off and then when im editing switch it on? because im thinking of getting a 2 780Ti's and then a titan now but still is there a way?

please fore the love of god don't get a 6gb 780 the card can't use the memory properly 

Specs

please fore the love of god don't get a 6gb 780 the card can't use the memory properly 

i wont xD

my budget is unimportant i have a 1200 Watt powersupply and i dont have any software that supports CUDA so im not using it anyway is there a way to get a titan to switch off and then when im editing switch it on? because im thinking of getting a 2 780Ti's and then a titan now but still is there a way?

Yes (well not off, it would just idle), but there's not really any point in doing that anyway, if you want a Titan for video editing then use them for gaming too. They're only slightly worse than a 780Ti, but you'd be wasting your money getting both. 

EDIT: and you never know when you might use CUDA in the future. So you may as well get a compatible card now.

The Titan's double precision won't speed up rendering/workflow though.

If you have a few programs that use CUDA I'd go Nvidia (Adobe Premiere/AE),  if you use Magix or Sony Vegas buy an AMD card (good OpenCL performance).

144Hz goodness

Yes (well not off, it would just idle), but there's not really any point in doing that anyway, if you want a Titan for video editing then use them for gaming too. They're only slightly worse than a 780Ti, but you'd be wasting your money getting both. 

EDIT: and you never know when you might use CUDA in the future. So you may as well get a compatible card now.

so 2 titan Z's or just titans 

maybe get a Titan Black? It might be better value

a Titan and 2 780tis ._. what kind of money do you have

Also Nvidia cards tend to run cooler which would help your system live a bit longer

maybe get a Titan Black? It might be better value

a Titan and 2 780tis ._. what kind of money do you have

Also Nvidia cards tend to run cooler which would help your system live a bit longer

well i got to say that im willing to pay 

so 2 titan Z's or just titans 

Titan Z's are, frankly, overpriced. Not worth it.

You should be well fine with two Titans or Titan Blacks. In fact, for the price of a Titan Z, you could even go with 3 Titan Blacks in SLI. However, I would say start with two. If you have a capable motherboard and power supply, you can always add a third one later. You could probably even just start with one and see how you go - I don't know what res you're planning on gaming at, but even a single Titan is way overkill for 1080p.

So, on that note, what resolution are you gaming at - and also, what are the specs of the rest of your system? It would be good to make sure that it can handle multiple Titans before you go and buy them :P