Windows 8.1 on USB [Windows To Go] - Betta Fish Screen

DIV1D3

Hi all, I'm back with yet another problem, so the process of Windows 8.1 being transferred onto a USB with WinToGo to create a bootable USB with 8.1 on it was finally done, but now I've run into another setback. 

So, as you might already know because of the title, when I boot from the USB that has Win8.1 on it the Betta Fish appears, and then the Win8/8.1 loading icon appears, and just keeps on going on for the amount of time until I shut the PC down. I've looked this up and found similar cases that have happened to other people but I don't understand how they fixed the issue. 

I found out that some people were saying that you need a system reserved partition, so maybe that's the problem. 

So here I am asking you guys/gals for another time for some help. Thanks to all that help out :D

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

try mounting the ISO onto the USB stick using Rufus

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

try mounting the ISO onto the USB stick using Rufus

So it's fairly exactly the same as WinToGo??

How long will it take approximately??? Because if I have to go through another 2 days of crap. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

So it's fairly exactly the same as WinToGo??

How long will it take approximately??? Because if I have to go through another 2 days of crap. 

it took 2 days for you to figure out how to mount an ISO onto a flash drive?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

it took 2 days for you to figure out how to mount an ISO onto a flash drive?

For me to get the Disk Image onto the USB via WinToGo, was such a pain and took another hour after it said "Time Remaining 00:00:00". So yeh. 

Anyways, atm Rufus is just copying the ISO files (even though I'm using a Disk Image) to the USB.

@Vacsol

So I ask how I am to fix the issue where the boot screen doesn't go away and you lead me onto creating my USB into a media device to install Windows 8.1 FROM, not ONTO

So you effectively negated the 20 hours I put into getting Windows 8.1 onto the USB in under an hour. 

Now I have another question, what is the easiest way to put Win8.1 ONTO a USB? I have a Disk Image, and a USB, all I need. Awesome. 

@Vacsol

So I ask how I am to fix the issue where the boot screen doesn't go away and you lead me onto creating my USB into a media device to install Windows 8.1 FROM, not ONTO

So you effectively negated the 20 hours I put into getting Windows 8.1 onto the USB in under an hour. 

Now I have another question, what is the easiest way to put Win8.1 ONTO a USB? I have a Disk Image, and a USB, all I need. Awesome. 

wait, you want to install windows onto a USB stick? why?

wait, you want to install windows onto a USB stick? why?

I like Windows 8.1

I want a portable OS

~done~

I like Windows 8.1

I want a portable OS

~done~

OHH, I thought you were trying to install windows 8 using a USB stick you made in WinToUSB.... now I get it.

my apologies.

OHH, I thought you were trying to install windows 8 using a USB stick you made in WinToUSB.... now I get it.

my apologies.

WinToGo is to install Windows onto a USB, like Windows, on the go, because USB, portable. 

WinToUSB is to install Windows onto a USB, like Windows, on the go, because USB, portable. 

I get it. i have been awake for like 30 hours so I must have read your question wrong.

Try reconfiguring UEFI settings

I get it. i have been awake for like 30 hours so I must have read your question wrong.

Try reconfiguring UEFI settings

Well, I have absolutely no idea what "reconfiguring UEFI settings" entails. I've got to have my PC on overnight to get Win8.1 back onto the USB first.  :(

Well, I have absolutely no idea what "reconfiguring UEFI settings" entails. I've got to have my PC on overnight to get Win8.1 back onto the USB first. 

if your USB drive is so slow that it takes several hours to install WinToGo, maybe it just takes a few hours to boot

if your USB drive is so slow that it takes several hours to install WinToGo, maybe it just takes a few hours to boot

It's normal for it to take hours on a USB 2.0, not normal for it to boot in over 30 minutes. 

Do you know a decent ISO file for Windows 8.1???? Just a site that has a download for it, I think my Disk Image is poop/not legit. 

It's normal for it to take hours on a USB 2.0, not normal for it to boot in over 30 minutes. 

Do you know a decent ISO file for Windows 8.1???? Just a site that has a download for it, I think my Disk Image is poop/not legit. 

you can get it legally by using this guide

otherwise it's likely illegal

you can get it legally by using this guide

otherwise it's likely illegal

Well I think I will just use Ubuntu, fk Microsoft for having paid operating systems -_-

Well I think I will just use Ubuntu, fk Microsoft for having paid operating systems -_-

Portable Ubuntu installations are really easy. Microsoft just tends to make stuff unnecessarily difficult.

Sorry for giving the bad advice. totally my fault.

Portable Ubuntu installations are really easy. Microsoft just tends to make stuff unnecessarily difficult.

Sorry for giving the bad advice. totally my fault.

Naw it's okay, happens to the best of us  :lol: