Hair dryer on cold + negative ionizer safe?

Bakgrund

So i've seen those Datavacs on amazon that people say are safe to clean pc's, and although they sell an esd safe-version of it which kind of tells me that the normal version isn't esd-safe, or is it? Anyway, isn't it essentialy the same thing as a hair dryer? A fan that blows air through a nozzle.

I've got a Philips hair dryer that can be set to a cold mode, it also has a negative ionizer function, is that something that would help? The data vac has a filter in the bottom by the way, is that to prevent dust grinding against the plastic from creating static electricity? Could I just buy a charcoal filter and put that on the hair dryer? If a filter's even necessary?

Please don't tell me to buy canned air, that's an off-topic disussion that's not necessary here.

Thanks!

DON'T USE A HAIRDRYER!!! And I've really never heard of the thing you've mentioned...

Hairdryers and Vacum cleaners will cause static buildup which will damage your components.

Sorry but canned air really is optimal...

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

If your really dont want to used canned air buy a compressor. There are some REALLY SMALL  out there

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

If your really dont want to used canned air buy a compressor. There are some REALLY SMALL  out there

Sometimes air compressors can build up condensation/water... So you've got to be careful when using them

Sometimes air compressors can build up condensation/water... So you've got to be careful when using them

I know i have one

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.