Ek Nickel WB vs EK copper WB

I know copper is a better heat conductor from the sticky threads, but eventhough copper is better for cooling, why are people using the EK Nickel in most of their builds, also website such as OcUK have an EK nickel block as an option for gtx 780 but doesnt have an EK copper block. Whats the reason for that? Is it cheaper? better looking? more reliable?

Actually, those blocks are still copper. They just have nickel plating for increased corrosion resistance and aesthetics.

I think it is mostly looks tbh, copper blocks look terrible. Though Nickel plated copper looks fantastic

Thanks for the replies. I didnt know it was only a nickel coating with copper base.

Nickel is twice the price of copper per lb. :)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Asthetics, i wonder if EK got their Nickel Plating right after the issues surrounding them.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Asthetics, i wonder if EK got their Nickel Plating right after the issues surrounding them.

As far as I know; they have.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I think it is mostly looks tbh, copper blocks look terrible. Though Nickel plated copper looks fantastic

I don't think copper blocks look terrible at all. Yes, Nickle blocks look better but that doesn't mean copper ones look terrible. 

I don't think copper blocks look terrible at all. Yes, Nickle blocks look better but that doesn't mean copper ones look terrible.

It is a personal preference :)

It is a personal preference :)

Copper oxidizes in air. So copper blocks very quickly lose their shine. That's something to consider.

Copper oxidizes in air. So copper blocks very quickly lose their shine. That's something to consider.

True but I don't feel that really matters for blocks if the coppers not visible. Now if the entire block was copper from the top down that might be an issue. Not a fan of those blocks like the Heatkiller ones. 

True but I don't feel that really matters for blocks if the coppers not visible. Now if the entire block was copper from the top down that might be an issue. Not a fan of those blocks like the Heatkiller ones. 

Why would you care if its copper/nickel if its not visible? Just put some anti-corrosive into your loop and you will have no issues.

Why would you care if its copper/nickel if its not visible? Just put some anti-corrosive into your loop and you will have no issues.

I already do that so yeah. I'm just saying I don't like blocks where you see the copper, like the heatkiller GPU blocks.