Do i need a fan controller?

theskyisthelimit

I recently purchased a h220-x, it included a pwm fan splitter so what i ended up doing is plugging all my fans into it. Now not just the rad fans but the case fans as well and ehhh not really feeling it. I can have the asus bios auto control them based on temperatures, or shut that off and run everything at 100%. I want more control what should i do?

The Asus thing is actually pretty good. I use it. Never had any problems.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I just feel it is a little odd to control everything from the fan splitter connected to the motherboard.

I just feel it is a little odd to control everything from the fan splitter connected to the motherboard.

If it works it works. The software for fan control in Asus mobos are actually quite good, and it's free.

"Rawr XD"

If it works it works. The software for fan control in Asus mobos are actually quite good, and it's free.

For whatever reason i didnt see fan xpert on the asus suite ii for my motherboard 990fx. But what i am saying is i am controlling all fans on the same channel essentially in the bios. Which is exactly what i dont want to do. I want control over all my fan individually. Your saying i can do that in the bios if i reroute all my fans to different channels on my motherboard?

For whatever reason i didnt see fan xpert on the asus suite ii for my motherboard 990fx. But what i am saying is i am controlling all fans on the same channel essentially in the bios. Which is exactly what i dont want to do. I want control over all my fan individually. Your saying i can do that in the bios if i reroute all my fans to different channels on my motherboard?

I believe Fan Xpert is a separate download from AI Suite. Download Fan Xpert, and reroute the fans to different channels and you'll be able to get a lot more control from there vs just the BIOS and having one channel

"Rawr XD"

I will give it a whirl, i did happen to find ai suite ii with more functionality under the windows 7 driver downloads and not the windows 8.1 area. anyone try speedfan? worth checking out if this fails?

I will give it a whirl, i did happen to find ai suite ii with more functionality under the windows 7 driver downloads and not the windows 8.1 area. anyone try speedfan? worth checking out if this fails?

Speedfan only works good with 4pin fans. The 4th for Chassis fan headers is something called +5V which isn't real PWM control. You might need to connect all fans to CPU fan headers for full control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Speedfan only works good with 4pin fans. The 4th for Chassis fan headers is something called +5V which isn't real PWM control. You might need to connect all fans to CPU fan headers for full control.

Yes I tried it out, worked for my pwm fans connected to my rad but thats about all it did, i ended up rerouting the case fans to fan headers 3 and 4. i ended up using the options in the bios, which works but i still feel like lacks control. cpu fans still are attached to the pwm fan splitter connected to the cpu fan header.