Disk not appearing

samcat116

So I just finished my first build, and everything is going great. The only problem is that I have a 1TB WD Blue drive that isn't being detected by windows. Its seen in the bios, so where would I go in windows 8 to find how to format it or whatever I need to do? Thanks in advance!

well on windows 7 you have to open start menu right click computer go manage click storage then disk management wait for it to load then pick the drive and format it

So I just finished my first build, and everything is going great. The only problem is that I have a 1TB WD Blue drive that isn't being detected by windows. Its seen in the bios, so where would I go in windows 8 to find how to format it or whatever I need to do? Thanks in advance!

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Do you know where the manage menu is in windows 8? I'm brand new, coming from windows 7

Do you know where the manage menu is in windows 8? I'm brand new, coming from windows 7

not a clue im afraid not but google does http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/disk-management-windows-8.htm 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)