Wont turn on

TechyDude

Hi, I have recently edited my system for example upgraded gpu psu and added more drives. But when I was just browsing the web one day my computer shutdown out of the blue and was ina loop of turning on then INSTANTLY off The thing that I noticed was when It tryed to boot the power supply clicked once when it turned on then almost instantly clicked again and turned off. I have reseated my proccesor removed gpu ram and such but still wont work, Please help I need to get back to doing my video editing/rendering.

Here are my specs:

Mother Board:Asus Rampage IV black edition

CPU: Intel I7 4820k ( I dont know if thats right or not I dont have the box for it)

RAM:32gb Corsair platinum 1600mhz

GPU:TitanZ 12gb vram (Dual GPU)

Storage:

4x 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache

1x samsung 840 pro 265gb SSD

1x Seagate baracuda 2tb

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Cooling: Custom water loop

did you plug your power cable fully in the wall, i re plugged that and it worked. Also it could be that your psu isn't enough because you upgraded your gpu and added more drives. Maybe ax1500i

did you plug your power cable fully in the wall, i re plugged that and it worked. Also it could be that your psu isn't enough because you upgraded your gpu and added more drives. Maybe ax1500i

1200 Watt is MORE than enough for a single Titan Z.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

1200 Watt is MORE than enough for a single Titan Z.

But he says running one dual titan gpu card and running 5 hdd and 1 ssd

could be a bad/broken PSU.

try running a fan or something like that and see if it still fails, if so RMA it.

if not, try running the system without the graphics card, if it doesn't fail now you need a bigger psu.

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

could be a bad/broken PSU.

try running a fan or something like that and see if it still fails, if so RMA it.

if not, try running the system without the graphics card, if it doesn't fail now you need a bigger psu.

X79 don't have onboard GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You spend that kind of money on a system OP and don't go with a SeaSonic psu?  I understand that other brands can make good psus but I am shocked for your build you didn't go SeaSonic.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

X79 don't have onboard GPU

forgot about that.

but you can use another gfx card.

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

You spend that kind of money on a system OP and don't go with a SeaSonic psu?  I understand that other brands can make good psus but I am shocked for your build you didn't go SeaSonic.

just watch...

I like pie

OP maybe you just got one that finally failed but at least you have the 7 year warranty.

Bottom line is before sending it back use a multimeter to check the psu's health.

But he says running one dual titan gpu card and running 5 hdd and 1 ssd

The post says only 1 Titan Z, "(Dual GPU)" states the card has 2 GPUs.

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

OP is gone.

just watch...

I'd still rather go with a SeaSonic if I had the OP's kind of money for a build.

The post says only 1 Titan Z, "(Dual GPU)" states the card has 2 GPUs.

I know what it means, two GPUs in one card.

Hi guys, I just create this account, because I have the same problem. I don't add new components to the system but I was overclocking my old i7 920 to around 3.8 GHz by simply rising the BCLK frequency (no manual setting the voltage, just on "auto") and it was working well (I had it overclocked for some time before to 3.4 GHz), but after few hours it just freeze, restart switch didn't work, after few seconds it restarted itself but it instantly turned off and like in the case of the founder of this thread it was continuing in loop over and over again. Thanks for help, I'm watching Linuses videos for more than year ;)

I have stated that I tryed multiple psus and i talked to asus it was the motherboard the reason was a overheated burnt out Vrm with was shorting the system, I am rmaing it back to asus.