HTC One 'Google Edition'

Source: The Verge

HTC may follow Samsung's lead and produce a "Google Edition" of its latest flagship smartphone running stock Android. According to sources that spoke to Russell Holly atGeek, work on a version of the HTC One without its Sense software customizations is underway, with a US launch said to be "imminent." Holly previously leaked accurate information on the Galaxy S4 Google Edition ahead of its announcement at the I/O conference.

HTC's chief product officer Kouji Kodera told The Verge last year that the company is"very proud of HTC Sense," and would "like to continue shipping it on every device." However, Kodera was one of many employees to recently leave HTC, and earlier this year the company released the First smartphone with the option to run stock Android in Facebook Home's place.

This would be awesome. I hope the future is this way where every flagship Android device is running stock Android with its bootloader unlocked and the phone itself unlocked to use on any carrier of the user's choice. I know several people who once had crappy mid-low end Android phones and had horrible experiences due to bloated skins and switched to Apple.

TL;DR - this is a good move and will make service and devices more competitive in the future imo.

EDIT: Also sorry if this was already posted but the search function appears to be broken at the moment.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

If this is true, let's hope Google markets the crap out of this to help HTC survive, if I needed to buy a new phone, this would probably be at the top of my list (availability from Google will be a problem but the Sense version should get some sorely needed support similar to a nexus within the developer community). I have my doubts that this will change things but one can only hope :).

Also keep in mind this is just based on rumours with an official statements declaring otherwise, so I have my doubts about this happening.

Search function is weird sometimes, I believe there was a thread about HTC saying there won't be one but it's kinda dead and this is slightly different.