Can I use steam In-Home Streaming with this setup?

iiNrG

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice here, i'm not an expert on this particular subject

I'm hoping to start utilizing steam's in-home streaming service, but i've also been tempted by a multitude of handheld devices (Tablets, 2-In-2's etc) as I quite often watch video's in bed etc

I was wondering if the ASUS T100 Transformer book would be powerful enough to be on the receiving end of the streaming, hooked up to my TV. I have a more than sufficiently powerful desktop upstairs, and soon enough will have a ridiculous router to match.

Do I need more horsepower?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert at this stuff but I don't see why it wouldn't be powerful enough

It is powerful enough, because in-home streaming has Intel Quicksync support, which is supported on the z3770 processor in the t100. Hardware decoding should make it quite feasible.

Don't know if the wifi module in the T100 is good enough for streaming though, I've only been using a wired connection to my stream box (with a dual core pentium G3420 - which has quicksync).

Well, the processor is definitely good enough. I found a video on YouTube with steam streaming on that laptop: 

Yeah, it should be able to decode the h.264 stream, but make sure your router is AT LEAST the n standard or higher (Preferably Dual Band)