PC suddenly turns off.Not really...

1991luk
Go to solution Solved by 1991luk,

I changed the RAM and the HDD on the mini-itx system and still did it.

I recently formatted the drive and installed a new windows as it hasn't been reinstalled since 2010.That appears to have solved the problem.I'm glad nothing happened to my hardware :)

Thanks everyone!Especially to BroKenFingers!

It's the second time I watch a fullHD movie on YouTube of Linus and my pc crashes.

It's like those no-post problems,when the monitor doesn't get any signal but the pc's fans are spinning and so is the HDD.

This is how it goes: the second time I watched and crashed,it disconnected from the internet first and then it went in the no-post situation and the monitor doesn't get signal.

When I manually reboot,it shows the win7 logo sign with some weird bars of different colors but they're not very noticeable.

My video card is a Palit X300.

I had problems with memory before so I tried testing it with prime95 and both CPU and memory passed just fine.

if you can not get into os,

you can boot to a (  Hiren's Boot CD )

lots of good mother board testing tools

I don't think that would help much.I checked all the things,I may take in consideration that this can be a software issue.

When you recover from this event..does Windows give you a "windows has recovered screen..." or does it just enter a normal start up like nothing has happened..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

It starts like nothing happened.Not even the "start windows normally" thing.Only internet explorer recovers the internet pages.

Edit: At first,I thought it was from the videocard because it had no fan on it.I just put a noctua NF-A6 fan on it and I am waiting to see if it happens again.I am going to sleep,it's 10 pm here and I have a terrible head ache from this.

You only have this trouble when you watch video..?..no other trouble when playing games..? and no strange, weird behavior..?

IF it is just when you go on the internet and watch a flash video..then I agree have a look at the flash version you use and up date

IF you see other trouble, than you may need to dig deeper..but that will be on another day..Hope things can be sorted with little fuss.. :)   

Okay,I turned off hardware acceleration.I am looking forward to seeing the results.If it happens again I'll tell you guys...

No,it still does this.I will properly test the Ram with memtest on a cd and see if that gets any errors because i suspect a ram incompatibility with the motherboard.When in dual channel it won't boot at all but the mb has seen a service before and so did the ram and they both came back with the message "test-ok" even with other memory kits.

When the dual-channel ram problem happened memtest showed them as being troublefree but when in windows,the pc froze or get bsods.

I will try to get the machine working with only 2gb in single channel aswell to see if these things happen

I will buy a memory kit soon and I will test it with this mb to see what happens.

I am worried sick about it because I wanted to sell these parts and now i find out they have issues.

I am waiting for more replies,please tell me if you don't understand something..

Could you list all the system specs ?..may be time to dig a little deeper...Thanks.

I am sorry for answering this late.I have been out of town and far far away from the internets.

PC Specs:

MB: Gigabyte GA 870A-UD3

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8ghz

Memory: Kingston 4gb 1600mhz

PSU: Antec TP650w New Series

HDD:Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB EALX

GPU: That palit x300 i've been talking about.

I've pulled out a stick of ram and left just 1.It still does that,shuts down.But it's a very weird problem because it first disconnects from the internet and then goes off but the fans are still spinning.

I don't have the dvd-writer installed and I have a lot of things to do before I format windows but I will try to do that as fast as possible because I still suspect it might be a software issue too!

Thx BroKenFingers for the help.

try another gpu. seems like a video adapter fault.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I would if I could.The ram not working in dual-channel is still a mindblowing situation for me.I will buy some ram and these sticks will be used in my htpc.They seem to work in that machine...

Here,I hope you enjoy my little machine.It needs an HDD and a stick of ram.I am working on it.

It has a G620 with gigabyte's GA h61n usb3,it will probably have those 4gb of ram,the palit x300 and I hope I am going to add a 2TB or 3TB hdd + SSD.2 Noctuas NF-A6 FLX and a Fractal Design 80mm silent fan which I am going to switch to an NF-R8 PWM.For the viewers,the case is Chieftec BT03B.

There's a photo of my big rig,too!Those photos are from back when it had a gtx 560 Ti

It's very weird now.It seems that it cuts off the internet first and then saves everything and goes off(happened to me again and before the "shut-down" the HDD made a lot of noise).

post-1442-0-80467900-1369565905_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-13632400-1369565914_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-68115200-1369565919_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-92849600-1369566246_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-88775700-1369566255_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-80467900-1369565905_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-13632400-1369565914_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-68115200-1369565919_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-92849600-1369566246_thumb.jp

post-1442-0-88775700-1369566255_thumb.jp

Edited by 1991luk

Nice setup..Great looking Rigs..!!..Download and install this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

It will help see what gave the BSOD.

Can you pull your NIC card..and and /or diasble the MB NIC..then uninstall the driver for them..(NOTE:some NIC's require you to uninstall drivers first..then hardware..so just flip the process.)

reboot..stress your system..with any BSOD's mark the driver error..file name etc..

After that..redo your NIC..hardware>newest drivers>stress the system>BSOD?

Let us know..

There's no dump files in the minidump folder.It never got a bluescreen this year (I have 2 dmp files from last year and they both seem to be from "Microsoft Windows").

Should I reinstall (format) my windows?Note:I installed this windows in 2010 and never formated it ever since.I will pull out my motherboard and plug the 8pin power directly (I have it plugged with a NZXT extension cable) and hopefully I will be able to take a look for bad capacitors or other things on the other side of the mb.

I reinstalled the network drivers because I left them untouched since that mini-itx system had this HDD but nothing happened.Still does this.

Tried with 1 stick of ram (2gb) at 1600/1333 even auto.Now I have all 4 gb installed but they run at 1333mhz.

This is mind-blowing for me.If this thing still happens when I do the 8pin thing,I will format windows but right now,I have a lot of work to do and a lot of exams this week so I don't know when I will do any of this...I will be right back after the changes.

id say its the video card and have you tried using the onboard gpu or a diferent gpu?

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I don't have any other videocard to test.

I took off my motherboard again today and connected the 8pin straight from the PSU(no extensions).Exams can wait,I am really desperate now...

I can wait to get my hands on some money to buy some ram.

I switched to the mini-itx system.If it does that thing again,than there's some problems with windows for sure and I kinda hope they are.If not,that build will have to stay there until I get the money for ram+hdd+gpu.

Hey,guys!I'm back and glad to say to you that it still does this thing even on the mini-itx.I will format the drive tomorrow and hopefully the problem will be gone.If not,I will try to borrow some ram to see what happens.

I changed the RAM and the HDD on the mini-itx system and still did it.

I recently formatted the drive and installed a new windows as it hasn't been reinstalled since 2010.That appears to have solved the problem.I'm glad nothing happened to my hardware :)

Thanks everyone!Especially to BroKenFingers!