Please Help! First PC Build

Hello, I am doing my first build soon and I have almost all my components picked out.

My current components:

EVGA Hadron + 500 Watt 80+ Gold PSU

M-ITX ASRock Z87E-ITX LGA 1150 Intel Z87

EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition

8 or 16 GB of G Skills RAM

SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120 GB

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM

So my problem is the CPU. I am not planning to overclock so the stock cooler is fine. I am sort of on a budget and I need a decent gaming CPU that is affordable! Please help, much appreciated!  :D

a Locked core i5 like the 4460/4440 also 8gb is enough.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

If you're not planning to overclock, you won't need a motherboard that has the Z87 (or Z97) chipset. One with H97 will probably do just fine. Maybe this?

An i5-4690 will probably be your best bet.. (or 4590, 4460, depending on your price range)

As for the GPU, I believe that the R9-270 is a better deal (in terms of price/performance). 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Hello, I am doing my first build soon and I have almost all my components picked out.

My current components:

EVGA Hadron + 500 Watt 80+ Gold PSU

M-ITX ASRock Z87E-ITX LGA 1150 Intel Z87

EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition

8 or 16 GB of G Skills RAM

SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120 GB

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM

So my problem is the CPU. I am not planning to overclock so the stock cooler is fine. I am sort of on a budget and I need a decent gaming CPU that is affordable! Please help, much appreciated!  :D

8 gb is more that enough for gaming.If you are on a budge better drop that sdd and get a decent cooler.As Katsu-K1L said those are fine

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

i5 4670k but get a gtx 760 2gb not a gtx 750.

I currently have a GTX 750 Ti SC in the PC im using right now and im loving the performance. At least for me, anything more is overkill. BTW my current PC is a Dell XPS prebuilt i just upgraded the gpu :P

8 gb is more that enough for gaming.If you are on a budge better drop that sdd and get a decent cooler.As Katsu-K1L said those are fine

I am not planning to overclock so Id prefer not to add a cooler.

Drop the SSD? Bruh he would notice better performance with the SSD.

If you're not planning to overclock, you won't need a motherboard that has the Z87 (or Z97) chipset. One with H97 will probably do just fine. Maybe this?

An i5-4690 will probably be your best bet.. (or 4590, 4460, depending on your price range)

As for the GPU, I believe that the R9-270 is a better deal (in terms of price/performance). 

Do you think i will miss out on anything with the the mobo you linked instead? Im sticking with the gtx 750 ti because i use shadowplay and all that other stuff. Your right man the i5-4690 is a really good deal! Thx u so much. :D

core i5 and put the money you save from not getting an i7 into a better gpu such as a 660

Im sticking with my gpu but im probably gonna get an i5 thx for the feedback.

Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($139.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $728.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-02 19:17 EDT-0400

I think I didn't miss anything oh and added the GPU into the price just for the sake of it.

Without GPU:

Total: $588.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-02 19:18 EDT-0400

EDIT: Forgot the HDD, my bad but you can go back and chuck it in there. From memory I think its less than $100. Also I personally wouldn't buy a barrucuda their failure rates are much higher. I would try get a WD either the Black or Green.

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($139.99 @ Micro Center) 

I think I didn't miss anything oh and added the GPU into the price just for the sake of it.

Without GPU:

EDIT: Forgot the HDD, my bad but you can go back and chuck it in there. From memory I think its less than $100. Also I personally wouldn't buy a barrucuda their failure rates are much higher. I would try get a WD either the Black or Green.

Thank you so much bro, can't believe you broke it down for me thx!

Without GPU:

I am probably gonna throw in a GTX 750 ti FTW Edition, looks better and I can overclock a bit higher.

I am probably gonna throw in a GTX 750 ti FTW Edition, looks better and I can overclock a bit higher.

Oh my bad, swear to god I thought you had is as the SC edition haha.

I have one in my current rig doe, lol, i just want some more overclocking headroom

Do you think i will miss out on anything with the the mobo you linked instead? Im sticking with the gtx 750 ti because i use shadowplay and all that other stuff. Your right man the i5-4690 is a really good deal! Thx u so much. :D

The only practical difference between H97 and Z97 is that the Z97 allows you to overclock your CPU. If you're not going to do that anyway, there's no need for it..

Edit: I just glanced at your profile.. You have a i7-3770? There isn't really any reason to upgrade that.

Do you know any M ITX mobos that have wifi and is all black but still cheap. I am really thinking about this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157374   I really like it but it is a little pricey. Do you think it has decent bang for the buck?

The only practical difference between H97 and Z97 is that the Z97 allows you to overclock your CPU. If you're not going to do that anyway, there's no need for it..

Edit: I just glanced at your profile.. You have a i7-3770? There isn't really any reason to upgrade that.

I am building a new PC and giving away this one.

Do you know any M ITX mobos that have wifi and is all black but still cheap. I am really thinking about this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157374   I really like it but it is a little pricey. Do you think it has decent bang for the buck?

I am not too sure about M-ITX mobos so your going to have to refer to someone else. Sorry.

I am not too sure about M-ITX mobos so your going to have to refer to someone else. Sorry.

NP thx anyway, is a $135 alot for a mobo tho?

NP thx anyway, is a $135 alot for a mobo tho?

If you need to use wifi, getting a wireless card built into the motherboard is really your only option since the GPU will take up your only pcie slot. This is a tiny bit cheaper and also has AC wireless: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128721&cm_re=h97-_-13-128-721-_-Product

If you need to use wifi, getting a wireless card built into the motherboard is really your only option since the GPU will take up your only pcie slot. This is a tiny bit cheaper and also has AC wireless: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128721&cm_re=h97-_-13-128-721-_-Product

Why not a USB wireless dongle thingy?

I think im gonna stick with the ASRock Z87E-ITX LGA 1150 It comes with WiFi and it is Z87 just in case i want to overclock some day. It is all black so it will look nice with the EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW editon. 

I think im gonna stick with the ASRock Z87E-ITX LGA 1150 It comes with WiFi and it is Z87 just in case i want to overclock some day. It is all black so it will look nice with the EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW editon.

Because those things are usually both crappy an unreliable.. If it only costs an extra ~$20 to get a motherboard with built-in wireless AC, why would you spend $20 on a dongle that might not be as good?

If you are possibly going to overclock someday, you'll need an i5-4690K. The "K" denotes that it has an unlocked multiplier, which is needed for overclocking.