Bluescreen

Cataclyst
Go to solution Solved by YoYo155,

Download the latest "killer NIC" driver - Clicky!

Update:

MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 06:40:32 2009  -  http://carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBfilt64.sys

ISCTD64.sys  Sat May 05 03:44:01 2012  -  http://carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WPRO_41_2001.sys

Remove:

MSI Afterburner + MSI Live Update.

Hi so,i bought my new Gaming PC last 2 weeks ago and this is my full PC set up:

CPU: Intel i5-3470

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming

GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition/OC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB C9

HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue

PSU: Seasonic M12 2 Bronze 620W Modular

Case: Phantom 410

So my problem is...i get blue screens about 2 in total so far since the last 2 weeks. So...whats the problem? How do I fix it? Thank you :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

First things first. Have you changed any settings in any way? Also, do you have multiple sticks of RAM?

EDIT: Check the RAM. Take out one of the sticks and see what happens. If you still get BSODs, swap the sticks. Also, it could just be some random fluke that occurs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

First things first. Have you changed any settings in any way? Also, do you have multiple sticks of RAM?

EDIT: Check the RAM. Take out one of the sticks and see what happens. If you still get BSODs, swap the sticks. Also, it could just be some random fluke that occurs.

No, no settings were changed. And the RAM is Dual channel and it was installed in the 1 and 3 slots. Thats the right way right?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

No, no settings were changed. And the RAM is Dual channel and it was installed in the 1 and 3 slots. Thats the right way right?

As far as I know, it shouldn't cause any BSODs. But it should be in one and two. But, what I should say is...take out one stick and see what happens. Particularly if you notice BSODs increasing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

As far as I know, it shouldn't cause any BSODs. But it should be in one and two. But, what I should say is...take out one stick and see what happens. Particularly if you notice BSODs increasing.

Alright will do,thanks :). If it becomes more frequent...what do i do?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Alright will do,thanks :). If it becomes more frequent...what do i do?

Do some experimenting to see what the cause is.

Do some experimenting to see what the cause is.

Hm...like? XD. Sorry i dunno what to do when it comes to Errors and such xD.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Hm...like? XD. Sorry i dunno what to do when it comes to Errors and such xD.

You'd have to think back to the last you installed any new software for instance. Also, looking back to when you last installed any new hardware. If you haven't installed any new software or hardward lately, check the RAM. If you've done any overclocking recently, check that. Etc.

You'd have to think back to the last you installed any new software for instance. Also, looking back to when you last installed any new hardware. If you haven't installed any new software or hardward lately, check the RAM. If you've done any overclocking recently, check that. Etc.

Hm...i recall that it occurred the night after I installed my GPU....does that help? it happened once that night then it restarted then after a week or so multi tasking from game to desktop to Browser then back to game then just doing that. it happened again. So just 2 in total since it was built.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Hm...i recall that it occurred the night after I installed my GPU....does that help? it happened once that night then it restarted then after a week or so multi tasking from game to desktop to Browser then back to game then just doing that. it happened again. So just 2 in total since it was built.

It could be the GPU. When you get a BSOD, do you get any code at the top of the screen? The system may be set to automatically reboot after a BSOD occurs. If so, we'll have to change that setting.

It could be the GPU. When you get a BSOD, do you get any code at the top of the screen? The system may be set to automatically reboot after a BSOD occurs. If so, we'll have to change that setting.

Code...hm...i think so? I don't remember. And yes it reboots when I get a Bluescreen. It like....loads to 100% then reboots?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Code...hm...i think so? I don't remember. And yes it reboots when I get a Bluescreen. It like....loads to 100% then reboots?

No. It's just set to automatically do it. Are you running W7?

No. It's just set to automatically do it. Are you running W7?

No,im running on Windows 8 Pro :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

No,im running on Windows 8 Pro :)

Oh. Well, the BSODs aren't going to be as helpful. It just displays a sad face with something like "your PC encountered a problem." Something like that.

Oh. Well, the BSODs aren't going to be as helpful. It just displays a sad face with something like "your PC encountered a problem." Something like that.

Yeah,it does :(. So...what should I do? Other than taking out the RAM and check if it occurs again?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Any new software installed? Rare BSODs are hard to figure out the cause for. If it occurred a lot, it'd make it easier.

Any new software installed? Rare BSODs are hard to figure out the cause for. If it occurred a lot, it'd make it easier.

Hrmmm...nope. Latest was like..the GTX 660Ti's latest Drivers. Hm..i did try my GPU out last night by running MSI Kombustor for 10 mins like it was recommended to see if it works fine...and it was,it was staying around 70? At default settings. Then i closed it and played a game then boom! Bluescreen. That was the first time..then the 2nd time was just..i dunno,im just doing some normal stuff like browsing,switching to Desktop to skype then etc...then boom! bluescreen again. And yeah,thats the 2nd time. And that was the last,no recent Bluescreens atm.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Quite honestly, I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is to wait and see.

Quite honestly, I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is to wait and see.

HM...should I be worried? Is my comp gonna be destroyed? XD. Im kinda worried because its new xD. I thought that I won't have any errors since its new xD

Spoiler

| CPU:

No. Most likely the computer will not be destroyed. Sometimes hardware can all of a sudden get issues.

No. Most likely the computer will not be destroyed. Sometimes hardware can all of a sudden get issues.

So I just wait until it occurs again? XD

Spoiler

| CPU:

So I just wait until it occurs again? XD

Yeah. Maybe someone could give you an answer before that because I don't know how to fix it.

Yeah. Maybe someone could give you an answer before that because I don't know how to fix it.

Oh ok,thanks for your tips and suggestions though :). Really appreciated :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Hi..I have just read some of the troubles that you are having..and the helpful suggestions that you got. I wonder if you could uninstall the GPU drivers..or use the repair option from them? Let us see if the error you get is from a driver issue..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Hi..I have just read some of the troubles that you are having..and the helpful suggestions that you got. I wonder if you could uninstall the GPU drivers..or use the repair option from them? Let us see if the error you get is from a driver issue..

Hi,thanks for the help. Uhm,where can I see the repair option? XD. kinda new at Windows 8 xD. Still trying to get used to it xD

Spoiler

| CPU: