Multi Monitor Trouble

Ober1kenobi

So today I bought a second Benq VZ2350 to go with my first one.

Before this I was using the Benq along side a LG 23EA53V-P.

They worked fine for Dual displays.

So I disconnected the LG, Plugged in the Benq and the screen was Blank

Main display runs off DVI, second display runs of HDMI

It worked fine with the LG but not with the Benq

I tried switching the inputs on the benq and the HDMI monitor just wouldn't show

I switched back to the LG and everything works fine again

Any ideas ?

Yes I switched over the input for the Benq display to HDMI

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350

you have to right click desktop go to screen res then activate the display buy telling it to extend the desktop, your forgetting its a completely new monitor to the pc so it doesnt know what to do with it, happens when i change from nvidia surround into my 3 individual screens i have to tell the OS to extend to them all

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

you have to right click desktop go to screen res then activate the display buy telling it to extend the desktop, your forgetting its a completely new monitor to the pc so it doesnt know what to do with it, happens when i change from nvidia surround into my 3 individual screens i have to tell the OS to extend to them all

This ^ is pretty much it. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

cheers, I'll try it out

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350

Yeh it didn't work.

I did exactly what you said.