Alright...Tear it apart make it cheaper/better (Luxe Edition)

ddbtkd456

@ddbtkd456,

Have you considered the Kraken X61 cpu cooler? There is software controlled hue led lighting on the pump head.

Have you considered getting rid of the hdd and going with a single 1TB ssd?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@ddbtkd456,

Have you considered the Kraken X61 cpu cooler? There is software controlled hue led lighting on the pump head.

Have you considered getting rid of the hdd and going with a single 1TB ssd?

Yes to both actually I really couldn't decide.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Yes to both actually I really couldn't decide.

A single ssd makes the most sense to me. It simplifies setup and eliminates one potential point of failure. The only down side is the added cost.

A single ssd makes the most sense to me. It simplifies setup and eliminates one potential point of failure. The only down side is the added cost.

The cost while it is a concern I will be buying everything on black friday/cybermonday, and I plan on having some extra for fans and what not...1 TB SSD was my original choice.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Powersupply is OK, and you wanted custom factory sleeing witch is possible with that psu.

Speakers is youre choice same as the case, i just like it more as an esthetics thingy + who uses speakers for gaming anyway ;)

Kraken X60 is also a viable option, most 240mm AIO coolers perform pretty the same THB also comes down to preference!

As for storage, better go with an 250GB ssd and a 1TB 7200rpm HDD. A 1TB SSD makes no sence (at least for me due to pricing) but hey if you want it and have the moneys go for it :)

For the rest is a pretty balling pc with tons of upgradeblitity.

Let's agree to disagree

Powersupply is OK, and you wanted custom factory sleeing witch is possible with that psu.

Speakers is youre choice same as the case, i just like it more as an esthetics thingy + who uses speakers for gaming anyway ;)

Kraken X60 is also a viable option, most 240mm AIO coolers perform pretty the same THB also comes down to preference!

As for storage, better go with an 250GB ssd and a 1TB 7200rpm HDD. A 1TB SSD makes no sence (at least for me due to pricing) but hey if you want it and have the moneys go for it :)

Well the only reason I don't go with you choice is cause I don't want her having to learn how to use 2 drives. For the price of a 500 gig ssd and a 1 tb its only 100 dollars more to go with the 1 tb ssd besides I have 6-7 games that are 50+ gigs big and ssd makes a difference during loading times. Also I am going to switch it to the kraken x61 since it is the only one that has a varbile pump in it besides the x41. Thus meaning its quiet when it can be until you start pushing then cpu it cools it only as needed. Also what are you talking about evga g2/p2 series psu are teir 1 material which is the highest heir there is when it comes to a psu.

Also I will have to post my personal pc build coming up if you like this one...this one is cheap compared to that one. Its in my Sig below tho "enthoo premium"

Correction...she wants the colors of it unless there is a gold/black on that is less expensive.

I think most of the Asus Z97 boards have a Black/Gold colour scheme.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($234.99 @ NCIX US)

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($128.76 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($86.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Black2 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($194.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB LIGHTNING Video Card  ($529.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($93.95 @ B&H)

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($259.99 @ NCIX US)

Case Fan: BitFenix Spectre PWM 56.1 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($15.59 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Logitech K800 Wireless Slim Keyboard  ($64.99 @ Amazon)

Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch Speakers  ($69.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $2135.37

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-30 23:14 EDT-0400

Gold/yellowish build

For the PSU you can get custom cable from bitfenix and look at their alchemy led strips too (psu is ok if you want to add a 2nd gpu)

And took the WD black for cheapness / storage! 120GB SSD cache and 1T drive in 1

The Bitfenix psu is nowhere near as good as the EVGA.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97a

great board, you can check out Tek Syndicate's review for a more in-depth overview.

Good find I did look at that one however by the time I get a pci card for WiFi and a Bluetooth reader (for Wii remotes) it'll be about the same this motherboard just makes it easier also I've seen the review its quiet good.

The EVGA is one of the best psu's around imo. It is far better than just 'OK'.

The Bitfenix psu is nowhere near as good as the EVGA.

Not to mention that 5,400 rpm hdd for gaming he said would match a ssd cache.

The EVGA is one of the best psu's around imo. It is far better than just 'OK'.

I wasnt referring to the EVGA one, I was referring to the bitfenix one, its indeed not better then the EVGA thats why i said its an OK psu (the bitfenix) also 1000W psu is overkill

Not to mention that 5,400 rpm hdd for gaming he said would match a ssd cache.

Cause i can justify the price of a 1T SSD personaly like i said, i also said if you have the money and want it go for it!

You all need to read a bit better.Im just trying to help

Let's agree to disagree

I wasnt referring to the EVGA one, I was referring to the bitfenix one, its indeed not better then the EVGA thats why i said its an OK psu (the bitfenix) also 1000W psu is overkill

Well in that case I will let you off  :D  :P

Cause i can justify the price of a 1T SSD personaly like i said, i also said if you have the money and want it go for it!

You all need to read a bit better.Im just trying to help

I think you mistook what I said a little to personally. I didn't mean to insult you it was actually quiet good if I didn't need to have one drove with ssd. Also you should specify next time what build you are talking about if you did I didn't see it since I am on my phone doing this at work. Thank you for your suggestions and no insults were intended. :)

I think you mistook what I said a little to personally. I didn't mean to insult you it was actually quiet good if I didn't need to have one drove with ssd. Also you should specify next time what build you are talking about if you did I didn't see it since I am on my phone doing this at work. Thank you for your suggestions and no insults were intended. :)

Im not taking it personaly ;) and indeed my post is a little misleading, my thinking is weird somethimes haha!

Also on a sidenote, you could always get youre case painted gold btw it isnt THAT expensive, and it would look really good.

Cant seem to find purple or even pink LED strips, only the general colours and UV ones.

Let's agree to disagree

Updated

Im not taking it personaly ;) and indeed my post is a little misleading, my thinking is weird somethimes haha!

Also on a sidenote, you could always get youre case painted gold btw it isnt THAT expensive, and it would look really good.

Cant seem to find purple or even pink LED strips, only the general colours and UV ones.

They luxe has a led strip attachment the you can buy so it matches the outside colors as well.

Updated

Sweet. Although my personal preference would be an IPS monitor.

Mouse?

Sweet. Although my personal preference would be an IPS monitor.

Mouse?

Mouse she has its a wireless one shes had longer then we've been together and she doesn't want a new one I asked her. Ips monitor I did think about it is there a noticable difference for people that know nothing about computers like her?

Mouse she has its a wireless one shes had longer then we've been together and she doesn't want a new one I asked her. Ips monitor I did think about it is there a noticable difference for people that know nothing about computers like her?

Colors are better. So is viewing angle, which is nice if a second monitor is ever added or if two people want to watch. But it really is a matter of personal preference.

Colors are better. So is viewing angle, which is nice if a second monitor is ever added or if two people want to watch. But it really is a matter of personal preference.

Well she always looks at it from straight on and there isn't room for a second monitor on her desk its L snapped.