Dose this exist?

Kevinclon

Im wondering if anyone knows of a battery charger for AA and AAA batteries that fits in a drive bay?

System

Don't Froget to Stay Happy

Why would you need something like that?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

No, I do not believe one of those exist yet but very cool concept.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

sounds like a cool mod. if you got a AA or AAA battery charger that could plug in a car, you could power it from the 12V rail of your PSU. beyond that it's just a case mod. time consuming but not mind boggling.

Why would you need something like that?

For charging batteries for things like Noise canceling headphones

No, I do not believe one of those exist yet but very cool concept.

thanks

sounds like a cool mod. if you got a AA or AAA battery charger that could plug in a car, you could power it from the 12V rail of your PSU. beyond that it's just a case mod. time consuming but not mind boggling.

the hard part would be a way of inserting the batteries

System

For charging batteries for things like Noise canceling headphones.

Yeah, but you would be using it on a desktop, which would be near a plug socket, so why not just get a bog-standard battery charger and use that?

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

the hard part would be a way of inserting the batteries

single AA and AAA battery holders, connect two 5.25 bay covers together. cut out and mount lots of said battery holders. wire to contacts of battery charger. body filler, paint contrasting to show off your work, then install hiding the chargers in the bays.

single AA and AAA battery holders, connect two 5.25 bay covers together. cut out and mount lots of said battery holders. wire to contacts of battery charger. body filler, paint contrasting to show off your work, then install hiding the chargers in the bays.

What about a way that you stick the batteries strait in, spring side in the computer, and have the retaining latch contain the other node to charge it. Hmmm

Yeah, but you would be using it on a desktop, which would be near a plug socket, so why not just get a bog-standard battery charger and use that?

Lets not be practical now

System

or just mount this : http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-TN162-8-Bay-Battery-Charger/dp/B00I0GHAQS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1406619262&sr=8-8&keywords=12v+AA+battery+charger and power it from your PSU's 12V rail. as long as your PSU has some breathing room in your system you're good to go

wouldn't look to nice tho.

System

What about a way that you stick the batteries strait in, spring side in the computer, and have the retaining latch contain the other node to charge it. Hmmm

if you can imagine a way of doing it and have the time and tools necessary, it can probably be done.

they told me that a computer should go on a desk or a floor. did you know that a standard ATX PSU is precisely the thickness of the gap in a standard 2x4 framed wall? I am no stranger to ridiculous mods. mine was a HTPC in the wall.

as an added note, I would recommend Sanyo eneloop batteries. about as good as it gets for quality.

Lets not be practical now

I'm sorry.

if you can imagine a way of doing it and have the time and tools necessary, it can probably be done.

they told me that a computer should go on a desk or a floor. did you know that a standard ATX PSU is precisely the thickness of the gap in a standard 2x4 framed wall? I am no stranger to ridiculous mods. mine was a HTPC in the wall.

as an added note, I would recommend Sanyo eneloop batteries. about as good as it gets for quality.

You know how camera batteries are retained, if you had a metal connector  on the underside of the retainer I imagine you could charge it just fine... I wonder how hard this would be?

System

You know how camera batteries are retained, if you had a metal connector  on the underside of the retainer I imagine you could charge it just fine... I wonder how hard this would be?

if you can design it, build it, it should work just fine as long as you make a connection from your battery holder to where the battery is supposed to connect on the charger without shorting anything out or reversing the polarity.

I assure you I've heard worse Ideas

if you can design it, build it, it should work just fine as long as you make a connection from your battery holder to where the battery is supposed to connect on the charger without shorting anything out or reversing the polarity.

I assure you I've heard worse Ideas

Who hasn't. 

System

This calls for DIY.

I have an idea how to do this, but you would need Simeone that can cut plastic and make plastic little doors. Rest is to buy battery connectors in electrical and connect to 12V in your PSU. It probably will need some electrical knowledge and would look DIY :D