Windows folder permissions help.

antoainb

Hi!

I have a USB HDD connected to my Raspberry Pi that also serves as a media server. I use the HDD to archive videos that my mom makes with her camera (wich still uses cassetes), and when you import the footage it's uncompressed and 1 hour of SD video takes up 12.4GB of space, since I have 150 cassetes it amounts to a lot, and since I'm running low on space on that HDD I needed to convert the files to MP4. Since accessing the Pi over LAN is slow (2MB/s slow) converting files over the LAN interface was not a very good idea, so I decided to plug the HDD into my computer. The problem is that I had configured ownership and access permissions on the Pi already, and now, whenever I need to open a folder it asks me for the administrator password and doesn't let me read the files, not even if I open Handbrake as administrator. So I decide I'll change the ownership/access permission settings and all shall be good. Nope! I made myself the owner and gave myself full control permissions, still the same problem.

Could you help me? 

Thanks in advance.

i'm a potato