Pricy PC Suggestions

jedylan

I am planing a pc build for the end of august.

This PC will be used for Video, Photo and Sound Editing primarily (With the Adobe Suite), but I will also game on it (Assassin's Creed Series, Battlefield 4). 

I need a new monitor or more than one, depends on size and price of the monitor. I will need suggestions 

I will need a new OS, I love Windows 7 and hate Windows 8 (wich my girlfriend has) I had in mind to maybe upgrade to Windows 9 when it gets out

I plan to buy the corsair K70RGB and M65RGB but you can suggest something else

For the case I am looking for a sturdy, professional looking case with a window (I was currently looking at The Fractal R4 Blackout and Phantecks Enthoo Pro)

I am upgrading from a 500$ rig wich does not have the power to edit Full HD video. I plan to upgrade this build's Ram and Graphics Card to SLI in the future. 

I am now looking at two part lists and am not sure what I should go for

1: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jedylan/saved/ytfmP6

2: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/jedylan/saved/X8ZzK8

Or other configuration if you have one to propose.

$40 for an LED controller and for a mouse pad seems a waste of money, even on a high end build like this one.

Other than that, both build looks good for video editing/gaming.

4930k is way more expensive though, and I don't know how much benefit you'll see from that over the 4790k.

Someone with a bit more knowledge should be able to help you out with that.

Personally, I'd rather build in the R4 than in the Phanteck.

Monitor, I'd go for a proart or an ultrasharp.

Hope this helps! :)

So... how much budget do you have?

As for you build I think a 4790k will be better http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4930K-vs-Intel-4790K

And for monitor, how about the 21:9 aspect ratio Ultra HD monitor that Linus review a while ago?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Would love so much this monitor but I think its a bit pricy

You're considering a 4930k and call a monitor too pricy? :P

Just kidding, i'm seriously considering a 5930k shortly

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Would love so much this monitor but I think its a bit pricy

If you change to CPU to a 4790k and another Mobo like the MSI Z97 G45 gaming mobo, then you will saved about 400$ already so that monitor should be ok for you now :P

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log