Twitch App Updated For Android(finally)

werto165

Twitch has been recently updated on android, it looks much better than it did before. The main improvements are a complete UI redesign, ability to watch videos in source, you can now also search for channels which are offline(Don't think you could do that before). I think it's a huge improvement over the previous app which looked terrible. 

Any way check this video out: 

You can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.twitch.android.viewer&hl=en_GB

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Finally! So fucking beautiful I'm going to dl this now and check it out thanks for posting, I'm happy about this because it looks much more like the PC interface and the Twitch app has sucked ass for too damn long.

EDIT it's already dowloaded from auto update. :D

Praise our Lord and saviour gaben for doing this.. wait, he doesn't own twitch.. gaben to buy twitch!!!!

1+ to this

Praise upon GabeN

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

1+ to this

Praise upon GabeN

gaben be praised.

About time. The third part ones were better than the official one.

Praise our Lord and saviour gaben for doing this.. wait, he doesn't own twitch.. gaben to buy twitch!!!!

Gabe Newell will need to buy it off Youtube who got acquired by Google lol xD

UI is totally epic & modernized, no flipping stupid crap when you search channels. When livestreamers when offline can finally be viewed.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

So I've had some time to play around with it, it feels just like a miniature version of the PC browser interface and I am overall very pleased with the changes, the app feels much more intuitive and responsive to use.

The functionality is the same, there is chat in the mobile version now and 'source' quality setting is now available for selection.

Like Jade said, all we need now is chromecast support.