Crashing Issues

bf32

Alright guys, so within the last week I got my new GTX 770 to replace my 660 Ti, which I thought for sure was defective because of the fact that it would crash pretty much every mildly demanding game at a certain point. Temps were fine and all that, I tried various solutions to no avail. I thought it was just because I bought one that was open box or something. Anyway, I thought for sure the 770 would alleviate this annoying issue, but since I've had it, it has crashed Just Cause 2 twice. So this isn't a game that should have driver issues or anything, and I'm really not too sure what it could be at this point which is why I'd like some of your opinions. The next thing I think of is upgrading the power supply I've had for two years, which I might add, does have the required wattage to power a 770. I'm gonna give it a bit of time, see if the issue persists with any other games, and if it comes down to it I plan on swapping components out, beginning (and hopefully ending) with the PSU. I'll also add in that the card is overclocked, but I didn't really push it at all with the settings yet. I just put in the ones Linus uses, which I understand should be quite realistic.

what PSU you have now?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yup

that PSU is going out into the trash

you can look for good PSU like in the 500-550 watts range 

EVGA, Seasonic, CoolerMaster or Corsair

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's actually 80+ bronze if that makes any difference. But if it's crap I'll certainly start looking around for something new. Thanks for the help.

It's actually 80+ bronze if that makes any difference. But if it's crap I'll certainly start looking around for something new. Thanks for the help.

bronze is the power efficiency

it more of how much power saving you can get when running the system for long periods

gold and platinum are generally very efficient in converting electricity from high voltage 230-115 volts to the 12 volts, 5 volts and 1.5 volts your computer needs without wasting power as heat

and they allow you to save more money over the long run. 

Right, I just remembered that should have no bearing on the reliability. Guess I'm doing some power supply shopping tonight.