Pebble Dumbwatch?

Go to solution Solved by JAKEBAB,

My idea is if it's on sale that i'm gonna get it, use my iPod/parent's phone to setup and use it as a dumbwatch until I upgrade to a new phone, so no notifications.

ah so u just want it to tell the time for now until u upgrade? i think it will work if u just connect it with there phone.

Hey guys, I've been looking into the Pebble Steel. But I have an issue. I own a Windows Phone. So, I was wondering if I could get the pebble cheap on say massdrop, can it be used without a phone as a, for lack of a better word, 'dumbwatch', bearing in mind I have access to another phone to set it up with.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Hey guys, I've been looking into the Pebble Steel. But I have an issue. I own a Windows Phone. So, I was wondering if I could get the pebble cheap on say massdrop, can it be used without a phone as a, for lack of a better word, 'dumbwatch', bearing in mind I have access to another phone to set it up with.

Reserved

Can't it be used with a Windows phone?

This app enables it to: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pebble-watch-lite/3a659b4b-86f3-4b20-835f-dc2483df2c1a

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Reserved

That would be brilliant, but, my phone is unfortunately only got Windows Phone 7.8. Thanks for the help though

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Why not just buy a better watch?

Just curious :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is so confusing u want to use the watch with another phone? what? as far as i know the pebble just forwards whatever ever notification your phone gets to its own screen kinda like streaming the phone is actually the one getting all the communication from the carrier network and the watch is just displaying it :S

Why not just buy a better watch?

Just curious :P

I like the design of the pebble. I'm open for suggestions though.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I like the design of the pebble. I'm open for suggestions though.

one of the millions of other watches out there :P 

Its a decent looking smart watch but not a nice watch overall

Why not get a nice Nixon watch?

http://www.nixon.com/uk/en/mens/watches/

Actually they have some quite pebble looking watches

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is so confusing u want to use the watch with another phone? what? as far as i know the pebble just forwards whatever ever notification your phone gets to its own screen kinda like streaming the phone is actually the one getting all the communication from the carrier network and the watch is just displaying it :S

My idea is if it's on sale that i'm gonna get it, use my iPod/parent's phone to setup and use it as a dumbwatch until I upgrade to a new phone, so no notifications.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

ah so u just want it to tell the time for now until u upgrade? i think it will work if u just connect it with there phone.

OK, thanks.

Garrus - HP Stream 11