HAF XM, 990FXA, CFd R9 270X, FX-8350

Drummerman2000

Hey guys, just love watching your videos, so I decided to check out your forums and share my build with you all and see what you think. :)

Case: Coolermaster HAF XM

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3

GPUs: Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 2gb

RAM: Kingston HyperX 1866 16gb (2x8)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core Black edition Processor

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 128gb

Network: ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 PCI-E Adapter

Let me kniw what you think, and please tell me if there's anything wrong with this setup, especially if something's not compatible! I've donw my research, but it's always worth someone else double-checking studd for you.

Thank you!

If you're just gaming 8gb ram is fine.

Other than thr it all looks good--although I'd try and get a 280 if you can.

/dont remember seeing an xm case, sooo

Edit: all good

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If you're just gaming 8gb ram is fine. Other than thr it all looks good--although I'd try and get a 280 if you can. /dont remember seeing an xm case, sooo Edit: all good

It's a thing that exists!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183510-haf-xm-990fxa-cfd-r9-270x-fx-8350/

please dont repost.

why did you go crossfire? just get a 280x.

get 8gb of ram.

get homeplugs, wireless ist bad.

and i'd get another case.

Edited by Rheinwasser

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183510-haf-xm-990fxa-cfd-r9-270x-fx-8350/

please dont repost.

why did you go crossfire? just get a 280x.

get 8gb of ram.

get homeplugs, wireless ist bad.

and i'd get another case.

I don't see where he said he went crossfire, dual X (if that's what you were thinking) is one of Sapphire's branding names for their cards TriX DualX VaporX etc.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I don't see where he said he went crossfire, dual X (if that's what you were thinking) is one of Sapphire's branding names for their cards TriX DualX VaporX etc.

title, dude. "CFd 270x"

and "GPUs"

Edited by Rheinwasser

title, dude. "CFd 270x"

and "GPUs"

I see, I seem to have missed that bit amongst the other brand names.

In that case yeah, I would say get the higher card, upgrade to crossfire later if you want. Though I would get the 290 since their are some sitting between 350 and 400 bucks, and those Sapphires are about 200$ each.

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

I already own the 270Xs and I got them both for $320. So yeah its works out better imo. I will have an ethernet port on my mb, but I wont able to use it in the room I'm in, unless I drill a hole through a double brick wall. I'm using WIFI atm and I still get 2.5-3mb/s when downloading. I chose 16gb because I do plan on having this setup for quite sometime, and I will be doing some audio production work on this rig. As for the case, that has been the hardest decision of he build! Haha

I chose the HAF XM because of it's size and fans/cooling setup. I was looking at a Phantom 530 or a 410 but the coolermaster has less plastic and is cheaper than the 530.

Don't get that case, it sucks, I have it.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird