Graphics card for under £120 GBP

Koffehh

I just built a new PC and runs a like a dream. Now im looking for a Graphics card but there is so many out there im unsure which one to go for. My Budget it £120 and here is the system i have i have had a look at the R9 260/270 but so may companies make them im unsure which would suit me well. I have been reading up but im getting confused with bottle necking and other stuff.

• CPU i5-4440 with standard cooler
  • Motherboard GA-Z97M-D3H
  • RAM G.SKILL 8GB 2133
  • Case XIGMATEK AQUILA with 2 case fans a 200mm front and 120 rear exhaust
  • Storage 120GB SAMSUNG SSD and WD 1TB HDD
  • PSU CORSAIR CX500M
  • Display DELL U2414H

I dont really play up to date games, but i do dabble in league of legends/eve-online and Diablo 3. i can play these on the HD 4600 but im looking for something where i can use better setting for smoother play

Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Here this will fit the rest perfectly: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-112170120g

If you don't want this special card here are the manifacturers I recommend for AMD cards: ASUS; MSI; GIGABYTE; Sapphire

Altough I would really recommend getting at least a R7 265. But this Sapphire R9 270X is a great card with a great cooler and fits your budget and build perfectly, so I'd go for that.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Agreed.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You won't have any sort of bottlenecking in terms of the processor, even with the 280,290 graphics cards. Your power supply might restrict you from going over AMD 270-280 though.

Go for the cheapest 270x either from Sapphire,MSI,Asus or Gigabyte and you'll be fine. You might be able to get a R9 280 as well if you could squeeze in a little bit more, but if not, go for the R9 270x you won't regret it and its a huge upgrade over the hd4440.

If you can find a 270/270x from Sapphire that's the way to go.

If you're prepared to go with a second hand card, loads of Twin Frozr (MSI) 280x's sell for £120-130, just make sure you're buying from someone with good and high feedback. I doubt they'd really be trying to rip you off!

Good luck!

I have had a breif look at second hand cards which are more powerful than the 270's, however as im not looking for super high FPS and unsure about buying second hand. I'll go with the sapphire 270 as a nymber of you have said. Thanks very much

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Go R9 270, however, if you bump up the budget by £30 you can get a R9 280 from XFX

DON'T DO THAT! XFX CARDS SUCK NOWADAYS. The quality of XFX has become so poor, they just die after a few months.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

DON'T DO THAT! XFX CARDS SUCK NOWADAYS. The quality of XFX has become so poor, they just die after a few months.

They have lifetime warrantry,and it was the older cards which were bad

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

They have lifetime warrantry,and it was the older cards which were bad

Nope the old were fine the new ones are crap. And it's LIMITED warranty, they ain't gonna give you shit 50% of the time.

Nope the old were fine the new ones are crap. And it's LIMITED warranty, they ain't gonna give you shit 50% of the time.

The only time they don't give you the same GPU is when they dont make it anymore

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

The only time they don't give you the same GPU is when they dont make it anymore

lol how naive are you?

And btw XFX warranty is only for Canada & the USA. Anywhere else you get no manifacturer warranty at all! That's what I call good support!