Is there any bottlenecking in this build?

RalphyWiggum

Need to know before i buy these components, the only reason bottlenecking is a concern for me is because i prioritized a beefy graphics card instead of a well rounded build. Any bottlenecking and any improvements without changing budget of around £1000?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ralphywiggum/saved/#savedbuild_1285488 

no bottlenecks, everything is beastly.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

There is always bottleneck somewhere. But build looks good.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

You'll be fine no bottlenecks to be had with this build

no ssd?

no ssd?

would prefer a decent hdd than a lower end ssd, ill upgrade later on

no bottlenecks, everything is beastly.

Okay thanks, how long do you reckon it will be able to run the higher end games for? Like, when will the components lose their edge with the newer games

even the lowest SSD rapes any HDD, get atleast a 60gb SSD just for your OS as they are dirt cheap.  Also amazon are selling samsung 250Gb SSD's for about £80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E391OX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405723663&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+SSD

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Okay thanks, how long do you reckon it will be able to run the higher end games for? Like, when will the components lose their edge with the newer games

about 3-4 years you will stop playing games at ultra 1080p I reckon.   Put it this way, with my 660ti and 3770k I have only just starting to stopped being able to play games at ultra. The only games I have ever played that I couldn't run at ultra 60+fps are ARMA 3 and crysis.

Never that! Get an SSD set us as your boot drive from the start, you'll notice the difference. I'd recommend a cheaper 2TB HDD like the WD Green or Blue and a decent 128GB SSD

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

No there is not, but get a 4790K

Just because its new doesn't mean the 4770k is obsolete.  

even the lowest SSD rapes any HDD, get atleast a 60gb SSD just for your OS as they are dirt cheap.  Also amazon are selling samsung 512Gb SSD's for about £80 I think.

@RalphyWiggum Yes, I'd recommend a 128GB or 256GB one, that's enough for you OS and your most used programs/games. You can store all the other stuff on the hard drive, just get a regular one there instead.

That way you don't even have to upgrade later on.

get the 4790k or even an 4690k if you are going to overclock.

get 8gb of ram and therefore an ssd.

i'd get another case.

but btw, what will you be using the system for?

yeah the case wasnt really permanent i just chose one that looked alright, was gonna research more into them, ill check out the 4790k because its been recommended a few times. Ill also try for an ssd because i fully understand how superior they are to hdd, just wanted to wait a while as their price is going to go down fast over a  year or so.

Ill be using the pc for general uses like the web and skype, and then a lot of gaming. Going to also get another monitor as long as it wont tire out any components :)

yeah the case wasnt really permanent i just chose one that looked alright, was gonna research more into them, ill check out the 4790k because its been recommended a few times. Ill also try for an ssd because i fully understand how superior they are to hdd, just wanted to wait a while as their price is going to go down fast over a  year or so.

Ill be using the pc for general uses like the web and skype, and then a lot of gaming. Going to also get another monitor as long as it wont tire out any components :)

then get the 4690k.

even the lowest SSD rapes any HDD, get atleast a 60gb SSD just for your OS as they are dirt cheap.  Also amazon are selling samsung 250Gb SSD's for about £80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250GB-Basic-Solid-State/dp/B00E391OX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405723663&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+SSD

Yeah alright, ill look around  for a nice 120gb ssd i think and install the os onto it, just in case though, is an ssd upgrade hard to do after ive already installed the os onto a hdd?

Yeah alright, ill look around  for a nice 120gb ssd i think and install the os onto it, just in case though, is an ssd upgrade hard to do after ive already installed the os onto a hdd?

well, I think you'd have to reinstall windows, so unless you have millions of programmes installed it shouldn't be too hard no.

SSD is a must, given your budget.

Get a better Case too.

And since I don't see a after market cooler in your parts list, I assume you're not overclocking your i7. If that's the case then 4770k is fine. But if you plan to overclock in the future or there is a possibility, get a 4790k instead.