Is this a virus?

ThyFeared
Go to solution Solved by Admiaczking,

Yeah I can upload pictures if need be.

if you got it from gigabyte.us then no it isn't a virus and also the Asian writing could be due to the fact that Gigabyte motherboards are made in Taiwan

Symantec is detecting my new LAN drivers from Gigabytes website as malware. Should I trust it? Plus in the quick install files some of the pictures seems to be of asian writing. I'm not really sure what to do please help :P

Also this was downloaded straight from gigabytes website

Symantec is detecting my new LAN drivers from Gigabytes website as malware. Should I trust it? Plus in the quick install files some of the pictures seems to be of asian writing. I'm not really sure what to do please help :P

gigabyte.us?

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Yeah I can upload pictures if need be.

if you got it from gigabyte.us then no it isn't a virus and also the Asian writing could be due to the fact that Gigabyte motherboards are made in Taiwan

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Alright just making sure thanks!

AV software can sometimes show false-positives. If you download anything from a reputable source such as gigabytes own website, you should be fine, unless someone managed to hijack Gigabyte's website which is possible but also very unlikely.

Man who needs antivirus nowadays if you don't do anything stupid on the internet you shouldn't worry. I've been running all of my PCs without anti-virus for a year and I haven't had a problem with any of them.

"Rawr XD"

gigabyte.us should be from you motherboard.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.