Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2014 Mech Keyboard $100 [U.S]

mvitkun

The Razer Black Widow ultimate 2014 backlit Keyboard, with Razer's Green switches (50G actuation force, similar to Cherry MX Blue), is on sale from its regular price of $140.

3iOgkLo.png?1

So if you wanted to buy a quality mechanical keyboard at a reasonable price now is your chance.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Mmmmm, Kailhua...

Doesn't exactly scream quality.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Mmmmm, Kailhua...Doesn't exactly scream quality.

Anandtech didn't notice any significant difference

I cannot feel even a hint of a difference between Razer's Green switches and the Blue switches of my old keyboard.

They warranty it for the same amount of time that Corsair Warranties their more expensive CherryMX Blue K70, and they guarantee it for 10 million more presses.

Obviously they can't instill the same confidence as Cherry, that doesn't mean the quality will be worse; Razer's confidence in their switches should however instill confidence.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Still waiting for the Corsair RGB...

That is a nice deal though.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

greens are too heavy for my liking.

These are Razer greens, which require similar force to CherryMX blues, not CherryMx Greens which take 80g of force.
Linus Sebastian said:

These are Razer greens, which require similar force to CherryMX blues, not CherryMx Greens which take 80g of force.

Sorry I didn't read all of it!

Anandtech didn't notice any significant differenceThey warranty it for the same amount of time that Corsair Warranties their more expensive CherryMX Blue K70, and they guarantee it for 10 million more presses.Obviously they can't instill the same confidence as Cherry, that doesn't mean the quality will be worse; Razer's confidence in their switches should however instill confidence.

I don't base my opinions solely off reviewers.

I have tried them myself, Kailhua's switches simply feel different and inconsistent in my honest opinion. They weren'f Razer's, but they are manufactured alongside theirs anyway -- no doubt about it.

But maybe I can give Razer the benefit of the doubt.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I don't base my opinions solely off reviewers.

I have tried them myself, Kailhua's switches simply feel different and inconsistent in my honest opinion. They weren'f Razer's, but they are manufactured alongside theirs anyway -- no doubt about it.

But maybe I can give Razer the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah but I have felt cherry switches that feel different on different keyboards as well. The designing, materials and housing matter as much as the key switch for the over all feel of the typing experience. Now i'm not saying they will be the same but I'm sure they got as damn close as they could. :D

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"