Poisoned Apple - A Mac that can actually play games

Edit: Updated specs

Updated the Original post

So today I managed to find an Apple Mac Pro G5 case after many months, should be here friday or monday(the guy is sending it tomorrow).This means that my dream build is happening, the specs will be the following:

-Intel Core i5-4670K

-Gigabyte Z97-MG Gaming 5

-Sapphire R9 280

-Scythe Ninja 2 (might be getting an AIO watercooler in the future)

-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD

-Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB HDD

-Asus DVD-RW

-Super Flower Golden Green 650W 80+Gold PSU( might get an EVGA Supernova or something similar, but fully modular)

-Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 2x4GB sticks 1600MHz

-2009 Mac Pro G5 case

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

AWESOME I am following this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nice i've always like'd the G5s Design ... then again I practically have that design under my desk with my MacPro as they didn't change much of the design so I'm rather bias that way :lol:

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Awesome! Will this be a hackintosh or a windows machine in disguise? 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I saw one of those G5 cases for 25 quid yesterday, it makes me tempted to get one for the sake of a future project.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

-Apple Mac Pro G5 case/chassis(the guy advertised it as a Mac Pro case, but I am not sure if it is a Mac Pro or PowerMac, doesn't matter- still looks good)

If it is has one optical drive bay, it will be a G5, if it has two, its a mac pro.

I'd read a few guides on dismantling, I damaged one while stripping it for spare parts (for a liquid cooled dual 2.7ghz g5... the PSU is a funky shape and located in a hidden compartment... like the secret garden. Or narnia.)

I'd love to see the outcome, I hope you have detailed pics of the process.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Awesome! Will this be a hackintosh or a windows machine in disguise? 

Windows gaming machine, I'm not used to  Mac OS X  since it doesn't float my boat :)

If it is has one optical drive bay, it will be a G5, if it has two, its a mac pro.

I'd read a few guides on dismantling, I damaged one while stripping it for spare parts (for a liquid cooled dual 2.7ghz g5... the PSU is a funky shape and located in a hidden compartment... like the secret garden. Or narnia.)

I'd love to see the outcome, I hope you have detailed pics of the process.

The guy had 2 sales, the Mac Pro case which he bought for the exact same purpose that I bought it and a functional  PowerMac G5($90). I will do a build log when I gather all the parts needed for the mod:)

I saw one of those G5 cases for 25 quid yesterday, it makes me tempted to get one for the sake of a future project.

What a bargain, it looks epic in black and orange(Project TWISHB reference)

Going to post some pictures of it when it arrives ;)

What a bargain, it looks epic in black and orange(Project TWISHB reference)

Going to post some pictures of it when it arrives ;)

I just looked up Project TWISHB and it really does look good in black and orange, however I don't believe I possess the technical skills required to be creative.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I just looked up Project TWISHB and it really does look good in black and orange, however I don't believe I possess the technical skills required to be creative.

I dont like the look of it

Runs the clean industrial sexyness of the apple design

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This looks really cool.

Subbed.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I dont like the look of it

Runs the clean industrial sexyness of the apple design

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful case I've ever seen, and it does look a like a cheese grater, but I like cheese. The only major problem with it, is the Apple logo.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful case I've ever seen, and it does look a like a cheese grater, but I like cheese. The only major problem with it, is the Apple logo.

Nah not even the Apple Logo can ruin this computer. The Mac Pro in particular is a fantastic machine and is the only Apple Product that I can wholeheartedly recommend without any buts.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Nah not even the Apple Logo can ruin this computer. The Mac Pro in particular is a fantastic machine and is the only Apple Product that I can wholeheartedly recommend without any buts.

Yeah, thinking about it, I like Apples as well.

There was also a Portal themed build in this case (http://www.overclock.net/t/1287848/portal-powermac-g5-mod/20) and it is epic.The 1st gen Mac Mini deserves some love too, with orange led lighting and an acrilic top cover

ok THAT is amazing, that mac mini is so cute :3

is that a hifi or something? what is that

ok THAT is amazing, that mac mini is so cute :3

is that a hifi or something? what is that

Yeah, i think so, looks like a render, not many posts about it on Google though

Edit:Found some chinese article about it here( http://raydipediaid.pixnet.net/blog/post/48988524 ), it's supposed to be a "radio", but if it was for sale, I'd totally buy it.SOMEONE KICKSTART THIS!

Yeah, i think so, looks like a render, not many posts about it on Google though

Edit:Found some chinese article about it here( http://raydipediaid.pixnet.net/blog/post/48988524 ), it's supposed to be a "radio", but if it was for sale, I'd totally buy it.SOMEONE KICKSTART THIS!

I love that! It's just such a waste of those 3 modded 1st gen minis. I was given one by someone who bought a mac book pro, and I gave it to my best friend for his family to use in their rec room and while on the treadmill. Front row is handy for that.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

I love that! It's just such a waste of those 3 modded 1st gen minis. I was given one by someone who bought a mac book pro, and I gave it to my best friend for his family to use in their rec room and while on the treadmill. Front row is handy for that.

I've got the best idea for a Mac Mini mod EVER!Get a Mac Mini case, mod it like the one on the left in that picture, but put a Lamptron fan controller in the front, like the bottom one in the middle, only without the usb ports and card reader