FX 9590 + R9 290X Cooling

Hello hello,

In the next few months I plan to build my first PC. I plan on getting the FX 9590 and the R9 290X Twin Frozr and I wanted to know if the Corsair 100i would be enough to keep the CPU cooled or if I should get a larger cooler such as the NZXT Kraken or a 110i.

The case I plan on getting is the 750D as well and the motherboard will be a crosshair v formula z, just in case that makes any difference.

PS. I absolutely 100% want the 9590 and a 290X, please don't try to "convince" me to go Nvidia or Intel and please don't tell me to "just get a 8350," I would appreciate it if everyone just stayed on topic :) 

Thanks guys and gals,

-TB

I think the corsair 100i would be fine as long as you did not push it to far :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

An H100i would be enough

But what is your budget for the entire build, it doesn't seem very balanced

Also, will the 290x be fine on its own?

Yes, but make sure you get non reference

The H100i is more than enough to keep it cooled even if you're overclocking, but like other closed loop water coolers it's just not worth it. Save yourself some money and get an NH-D14 or NH-D15 if you need that kind of cooling power. They'll perform just the same and be better in every other way (less noise, cheaper, lasts longer) except for size and weight.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Since its my first PC I don't think I'll push it too hard as I have no idea how to OC and the 9590 is already at the tippy top of the 8350's range.

thanks for the reply, a lot of people have mixed opinions on the cooling of a 9590 so I'm getting psyched out T.T

The other choice I would make would be to switch out for a 4790k and I'd probably just use an MSI Gaming 7 board which would make the cost the same; obvioulsy that choice is more logical but my heart is telling me to go amd on this :P

why would you buy a 9590 when an i7 exists

AMD is price to performance and that chip completely removes the "price" aspect.

you can buy a 4790k to get better performance, lower heat, lower power

i don't understand

Error: 410

this is the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sHBLFT

I dont have a mouse and headset attached bc I already have them and the OS I can get for free from my school

You could get a better build than that something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nFBrRB or http://pcpartpicker.com/p/crzZ99

Also you need to quote people for them to get a notification