Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) or Note (N7000)

Go to solution Solved by Cacao,

Well the S2 and Note are pretty much the exact same, except the Note has a bigger display.

Have you looked into the Moto G and other new budget phones?

So I'm looking to replace my Galaxy Xcover 2 with something a bit better, as it's constantly running out of memory (because apps can not be installed on an SD card), it can't be connected to PC via USB and thus it can't be rooted to fix the issue I just formerly mentioned. I don't really need the shockproofness, and I don't really use phones when it's raining, so lack of those really isn't a big loss for me.

I have a limited budget, so I was looking for second-hand android phones, and the best phones I found were S2 in good condition and with a new battery, being sold for 85€, and the other phone was the Note (The first model of the Note -series), one of the Notes being sold is going for 130€, and 2 other ones are in almost new condition, pre-rooted and with Android 4.4.2 already installed, both going for 150€.

So I'm asking, which one should I go for? I'm leaning more towards S2, as the specs of the S2 and the Note are exactly the same, with the exception of Note's CPU being clocked 0,2 GHz higher (so basically the same thing in practice).

I searched for other android phones as well, couldn't find anything else better at that price point, and I'm not really looking to something like S3, as they happen to be under 200€ as used, and not much better compared to S2. Plus around here when it comes to android phones, even when they're used, they're almost as expensive as new ones, Samsung's phones being an exception as they're so common in Finland. I also did search for phones as new, again, same story. Something like Moto E doesn't really appeal too much for me. I'm just looking for a cheap replacement for the XCover 2.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Well the S2 and Note are pretty much the exact same, except the Note has a bigger display.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yes, I have looked for things like Moto G (out of my budget) and Moto E (kinda stripped down smartphone). You're lucky if you find a Moto E in Finland being sold under 170€ from any retailer.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Well... Gone and bought the S2.