Water Cooling for new PC - help a rusty geek

My current PC will soon "go the way of the Tae-Kwon-Dodo", if you know what I mean.

It will be replaced with this (watercooled parts):

Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Intel i7-4930k boxed

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition

Kingston HyperX KHX24C11T3K4/32X 4x8GB

Zotac GTX 780 Ti AMP! x2

Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB for the OS

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB for games and programs

Western Digital 4 TB WD40EZRX for file storage

Cooler Master V1000

Logitech Wireless G700s

BenQ XL2720Z

LG Electronics BE14NU40 USB3 silver retail external

I plan a watercooling loop for it:

EK Water Blocks EK-BAY RES D5 incl. D5 Vario pump

XSPC RX360 V3 x2

XSPC RX120 V3

aqua computer Cuplex Kryos XT S2011

EK Water Blocks EK-FC Terminal Dual Serial

EK Water Blocks RIVBE Block

XSPC G1/4 auf 19/13 V2 black chrome x16

EK Water Blocks EKFC780 GTX Ti Acetal Nickel x2

EK Water Blocks EKFC780 GTX Ti Backplate x2

XSPC Adapter G1/4 auf G1/4 45° x8

XSPC Adapter G1/4 auf G1/4 90° x2

aqua computer Thermalsensor G1/4

XSPC 19/13 mm, transparent 2m

XSPC EC6 Coolant Clear 1L

Coolaboratory Liquid Ultra inkl Cleaning set

Coolaboratory Liquid MetalPad 3xGPU Cleaning Set

Noiseblocker eLoop B12-P

XSPC gasket 360 Radiator

XSPC gasket 120 Radiator

Noiseblocker Blacknoise PE P 92mm

NZXT Sentry 3 TouchScreen

Here a quick sketchup of my loop:

Flow will be from red to blue fitting. The small block, lower right side is a placeholder for the second RX360

PrometheusV5MBwater-cooled.png

To my questions:

1. Is that enough Radiator space for overclocking the highlighted parts? 2x XSPC RX360 v3, 1x XSPC RX120 v3

2. Is the PSU strong enough?

3. Which programs would be good for a burn-in test, overclocking torture tests and overall benchmarking?

4. To reduce dust in the case I plan a slight overpressure, the radiators inside the 915r will get 3x 120mm + 1x 92mm as intake with 3x 120mm as exhaust. The Haf 925 will get 2x 120mm as intakes and 1x 120mm + PSU as exhaust.

5. How long can cooling liquid last? Getting a kill coil or ptnuke is exceedingly difficult where I live. Can I just use distilled water with minimal maintenance (cleaning/refill once a year or every second year) or are the prepared coolants required.

Any advise? My last loop was built nearly 5 years ago and my PC is still working... so I'm a bit rusty there.

No, no,no Get R9 290X's instead of GTX 780 Ti's.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Well those radiators are plenty for those components so you can run your fans at low speeds. 1000W is more than enough and will allow for very nice overclocks on all of your components. I recommend prime95 for a cpu burn in and furmark, 3dmark or unigine valley for gpu burn in. As for your loop, you should replace your coolant every 6-12 months depending if you use plain distilled water or use dyes. If you use a dye I would switch every 6 months just prevent any sort of build up but plain distilled water with additives should last a good year. Hope this helped.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

No, no,no Get R9 290X's instead of GTX 780 Ti's.

HERESY!

Well those radiators are plenty for those components so you can run your fans at low speeds. 1000W is more than enough and will allow for very nice overclocks on all of your components. I recommend prime95 for a cpu burn in and furmark, 3dmark or unigine valley for gpu burn in. As for your loop, you should replace your coolant every 6-12 months depending if you use plain distilled water or use dyes. If you use a dye I would switch every 6 months just prevent any sort of build up but plain distilled water with additives should last a good year. Hope this helped.

Uhm... oops. I haven't changed my current coolant (innovatekprotect IP) in about three years :blink: 

For the rest. Yes, that helped. Thx.

HERESY!

Uhm... oops. I haven't changed my current coolant (innovatekprotect IP) in about three years :blink:

For the rest. Yes, that helped. Thx.

No prob  :) As a matter of fact, my PC that I'm building in a couple of days is pretty much identical to yours besides tthe case and the cooling setup lol  :D

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

No prob :) As a matter of fact, my PC that I'm building in a couple of days is pretty much identical to yours besides tthe case and the cooling setup lol :D

Great minds think alike. :D

780 Ti's will be outdated in 1-2 years while Titans/R9 290X will hold up for at least 3 years. This is due to the VRAM lackage.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

1. Is that enough Radiator space for overclocking the highlighted parts? 2x XSPC RX360 v3, 1x XSPC RX120 v3

2. Is the PSU strong enough?

3. Which programs would be good for a burn-in test, overclocking torture tests and overall benchmarking?

4. To reduce dust in the case I plan a slight overpressure, the radiators inside the 915r will get 3x 120mm + 1x 92mm as intake with 3x 120mm as exhaust. The Haf 925 will get 2x 120mm as intakes and 1x 120mm + PSU as exhaust.

5. How long can cooling liquid last? Getting a kill coil or ptnuke is exceedingly difficult where I live. Can I just use distilled water with minimal maintenance (cleaning/refill once a year or every second year) or are the prepared coolants required.

Any advise? My last loop was built nearly 5 years ago and my PC is still working... so I'm a bit rusty there.

1. I'd drop the 120mm, not worth the extra fittings, tubing and restrictions for the extra cooling you'll get. Two 360's will be fine.

2. Yes.

3. Prime95, IDA

4. Positive air pressure with all intakes covered with dust filters

5. Any pure silver object (coin etc.) will work, maybe you can get your hands on a Monsoon silver res plug and DeadWater for the liquid biocide. Distilled water I'd change every 6 months, Mayhems have a few liquid rated to last 3 years.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.