Shinobi Revocanda

Laputacake

Hello All, I've just joined and came here today to ask Blue and Black or Blue and White for my upcoming PC Mod. This will be my first mod but i've got a good idea of what i'm going to do. The parts i'm using are the ones in my thingie maginie below... But am unsure of the colour scheme hence the question. Ive got plenty of time, To be precise until September. Im going to be painting the Graphics Card and back plate depending on the colour scheme and modding the Shinobi. For that i shall create a plan when i get back to my main computer as this is being typed on my overheating laptop that struggles on 10 tabs.

Peace Out and thanks for looking

Steve

What kind of blue are you planning to use?

If you want to use light blue and white, you`ve got plenty of options.

Phanteks cpu cooler

Corsair fans with light blue rings or light blue silverstone ap123 etc, phanteks white/blue fans... 

Blue white black mobos ( asus )

Can use blue acrylic, for example custom gpu backplate

Are you doing loop?

Black and blue is pretty common, not that exciting unless you add for example bring orange accents or something.

Thanks for your replies. I'll do white and blue then. I'll use a phanteks cooler and what colour for the graphics card blue or white or a mixture?

Steve

No I'm not doing a loop (too poor) and was going to paint the backplate blue or white in accordance to painting the graphics card shroud my current PC is want I'm going to get... Hopefully

Steve

how about if you just buy blue LEDs later, and rather spend money on performance? funny, mobo cost more than proc :P idk

ah nevermind, that pentium for 40 pounds is really good deal :) 

how about if you just buy blue LEDs later, and rather spend money on performance? funny, mobo cost more than proc :P idk

ah nevermind, that pentium for 40 pounds is really good deal :)

The processor is temporary until I get 4690 and what do you mean spend money on performance? I'm going to be upgrading gradually until I can afford a loop.

Steve

The processor is temporary until I get 4690 and what do you mean spend money on performance? I'm going to be upgrading gradually until I can afford a loop.

Oh right. Sounds like a good plan.

Oh right. Sounds like a good plan.

Hopefully I'll be able to start soon. What power supply should I get I was thinking of the evga nex 650w gold. Any suggestions? Also what do you think of my idea to mod the Shinobi?

Steve

Hopefully I'll be able to start soon. What power supply should I get I was thinking of the evga nex 650w gold. Any suggestions? Also what do you think of my idea to mod the Shinobi?

If it was me, id get the build you are making now, and then just add white, blue or rgb LEDs and then add another GPU later

Filter on top would then be painted blue.

Well my idea is cut a window then use the cuttings to make a PSU cover then move the front io to the fave of the case. Do some custom cable routing,new drive cage and front mesh.

Steve

I have the corsair cx600 in my computer at the moment and it is excellent. It is also cheap.

Check aria.co.uk for some cheap stuff because when I built my system they were the best at the time.

ArduousFormula

I have the corsair cx600 in my computer at the moment and it is excellent. It is also cheap.

Well I have a cx600m in current PC but want full modular as gonna custom sleeve

Check aria.co.uk for some cheap stuff because when I built my system they were the best at the time.

ArduousFormula

Same but want fully modular to custom sleeve

No idea if just double posted so bear with me :P

Steve

Same but want fully modular to custom sleeve

No idea if just double posted so bear with me :P

I have custom sleeved the CX600, the PSU case comes apart quite easily and I found the pins in the Corsair connectors a bit stiff, but came away with a specially modified paperclip and some practice.

This was not a warranty problem as I was going to remove the ugly sticker anyway that voided it.

Of course, a modular one would be a bit easier and you don't necessarily have the warranty problem, being able to buy an extension cable already sleeved but it would mean that you would be able to spec a better processor.

ArduousFormula

I have custom sleeved the CX600, the PSU case comes apart quite easily and I found the pins in the Corsair connectors a bit stiff, but came away with a specially modified paperclip and some practice.

This was not a warranty problem as I was going to remove the ugly sticker anyway that voided it.

Of course, a modular one would be a bit easier and you don't necessarily have the warranty problem, being able to buy an extension cable already sleeved but it would mean that you would be able to spec a better processor.

ArduousFormula

Well i was gonna just get some extensions but couldn't find any blue and white ones. for the cables shall i go blue and white then have a different end connector (http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/cat/6-Pin-SQUARE-VGA-Connectors_152.html) I already have the psu and am using it now so theoreticaly i could start sleeving it now.i found this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions  and this: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18280993 and was coget my braiding pieces form the first link . So what colours should i have blue and white and then what colour on the end or a variation. And finally my part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/mCXYmG

Thanks 

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I am very sorry for the late reply, I am currently on holiday (and therefore lack a good internet connection).

I like the idea of changing the colour of the connectors for the ends of the cables and it is something that I wish I thought of when I sleeved mine a year or so ago. Something I would bear in mind is how effective this will look as the connections (certainly most visible on the GPU) to the cables are usually black which may be a minor problem depending on what angle you look through the case window.

On the subject of colour schemes, I think that a main-colour of blue with an accent of white would be nice as a main-colour of white may not show up well in a white case.

When you mentioned you were going to get your braiding pieces from the first link, did you mean the Watercooling UK one or the Overclock Net one? I got my stuff on Ebay, but that may not be the best option for you. If you were going to use the forum member shop, there is one that is definitely based in the UK (Shropshire) on OC3D by the name of Pexon who I believe is still doing it with a service to do the sleeving for a fee.

ArduousFormula

I am very sorry for the late reply, I am currently on holiday (and therefore lack a good internet connection).

I like the idea of changing the colour of the connectors for the ends of the cables and it is something that I wish I thought of when I sleeved mine a year or so ago. Something I would bear in mind is how effective this will look as the connections (certainly most visible on the GPU) to the cables are usually black which may be a minor problem depending on what angle you look through the case window.

On the subject of colour schemes, I think that a main-colour of blue with an accent of white would be nice as a main-colour of white may not show up well in a white case.

When you mentioned you were going to get your braiding pieces from the first link, did you mean the Watercooling UK one or the Overclock Net one? I got my stuff on Ebay, but that may not be the best option for you. If you were going to use the forum member shop, there is one that is definitely based in the UK (Shropshire) on OC3D by the name of Pexon who I believe is still doing it with a service to do the sleeving for a fee.

ArduousFormula

Thanks for info. The project is still going ahead but im doing it in a cooler master n200 :(

Steve

uZlnyXB.gif

Why the sad face?

You think i should do it in the the n200 then? it would save some green. Much poor. And i cant decide on the colour scheme. Ive got a light blue cn of spray paint for the case and componets i just cant decide on the other colour. Black and red excluded :P  

Steve

Think about eBay, they have some cases (I got my 600t from one of their shops for well under half price) that are new but are being

auctioned for a low price. You needn't look for an expensive one but for a mid ranged case that is half its retail price.

It would cost less but you could be waiting a while for a good one to appear or you may not get one at all. Just check completed listings

to see if you can find anything relevant recently sold.

I think that this build would look different in a white case; however, this may not be what you want.

ArduousFormula

Think about eBay, they have some cases (I got my 600t from one of their shops for well under half price) that are new but are being

auctioned for a low price. You needn't look for an expensive one but for a mid ranged case that is half its retail price.

It would cost less but you could be waiting a while for a good one to appear or you may not get one at all. Just check completed listings

to see if you can find anything relevant recently sold.

I think that this build would look different in a white case; however, this may not be what you want.

ArduousFormula

Well I had an idea. But the only way is to sell my parts but...

Steve

Ive got an orange prodigy case should I leave it orange or paint it blue?

Steve