If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

geforceftw

Tetrahydrocannabinol does not form in your brain, it's the main active chemical already in pot.

Second of all, there have been no conclusive studies that specifically show long term use has permanent damage. Every single study claiming this, has then been refuted by other studies.

Just because you learn it in "school" doesn't make it true (after all, it used to be "fact" that black people were less intelligent, 200 years ago, but today we know it isn't true) Not to mention all the living potheads that are capable of complex thought, oh and all of your favorite music ever. Or at least most of it. I too took intro to psychology, and much of what they attempted to teach us as "fact" that had already been refuted by follow up studies.

Such as the claim that long term pot use causes psychosis, or can increase the likelihood of said psychosis, the problem with that is that the study assumes 1-9+ ounces of pot a week, and any pothead will tell you, that level of use is practically impossible.

I did not mention once I was talking about long term effects, I was talking about the short term effects. In fact these claims on what 'pot' does to your brain in the first couple of hours after taking it has been strongly backed up by other studies, instead of being refuted by other studies. It has been developed to the point of the information we know today can almost be certain this is what happens in the first couple of hours of taking 'pot' the only reason it is called 'support' is the fact that is can be different for different people, but in the end, they all end up with sometime of symptom like the research has been proven to happen when you take this drug.

And further more there is a very, very big difference in the American schooling system, I'm guessing that's where you live as you call yourself a 'redneck' and the Australian schooling system. In fact since you brought that because 'I'm from Australia' into this, according to the 2013 OECD, the education I receive in Australia is above average then the OECD average while America is struggling to even be average. So before you question where I come from and my schooling, check your facts or as you put it do the  research then maybe come back and talk to me.

I am happy little Vegemite.

I did not mention once I was talking about long term effects, I was talking about the short term effects. In fact these claims on what 'pot' does to your brain in the first couple of hours after taking it has been strongly backed up by other studies, instead of being refuted by other studies. It has been developed to the point of the information we know today can almost be certain this is what happens in the first couple of hours of taking 'pot' the only reason it is called 'support' is the fact that is can be different for different people, but in the end, they all end up with sometime of symptom like the research has been proven to happen when you take this drug.

And further more there is a very, very big difference in the American schooling system, I'm guessing that's where you live as you call yourself a 'redneck' and the Australian schooling system. In fact since you brought that because 'I'm from Australia' into this, according to the 2013 OECD, the education I receive in Australia is above average then the OECD average while America is struggling to even be average. So before you question where I come from and my schooling, check your facts or as you put it do the  research then maybe come back and talk to me.

I wasn't attacking where you live, I have simply heard people from Australia give "facts" that I happen to know arent true, or are highly debated. And im sorry, but most of the studies regarding pot's (health effects) in fact have been refuted, mostly by studies from other countries. Not to mention the reality that "stupidity" as you put it, doesn't accurately describe the effects. What your describing is simple inebriation, which is varies wildly between subjects. I wasn't questioning the quality of your education, more the motivations of those who wrote said information (notice for instance, that countries where it's illegal, teach that it's terra/ultra/super bad for you, even though there are 0 deaths a year from it) and if I remember correctly it is illegal in Australia.

And I skipped school most of the time through high school, graduated 2 years early with a G.E.D (because I had was in a shitty school, I spend most of my english classes correcting my english teachers enunciation and grammer), with test scores lining up with the top 20th percentile of graduating seniors. I will absolutely agree that American schools are shit these days. (thanks to the constant catering to the lowest common denominator)

Overall my point is this, read everything and decide for yourself, don't believe everything they teach you in school is outright fact (especially about the human body) because:

A. people make mistakes

B. the "facts" change alot more than you think. (hence why they get new textbooks every year it seems, at least they do over here)

Also, these "short term side effects" aren't side effects, they're the effects people take the drugs for. Part of the problem with these studies is a clear and obvious lack of understanding by the scientists, of the mentality of the user. Not to mention that substances effect people differently, such as angry drunks, happy drunks, smart potheads retard potheads.

Don't label people as stupid because they enjoy something you don't understand, I for one do not understand this obsession people have with sobriety, it's f**king boring to me. Partially because the word stupid, doesn't really fit there since it's a judgemental description. I could point out that my sisters boyfriend in high school took his SAT's stoned out of his gord and missed 2 questions, but since I cannot prove this it's a moot point. He's a doctor now.

And I wasn't referring to the chemical process of marijuana being refuted, merely studies about their health effects etc. Did you know that in most road tests of the substance (except those done in the good old honest USA /sarcoff), they found that 75% of those tested drove better stoned than sober? these tests are watchable on youtube. and If I remember correctly where carried out in the UK, or somewhere else in Europe.

I meant no offense at any time during this discussion btw, *offers internet gamer bro-fist*. I'm merely the type to naturally assume authority is either wrong or lying, and therefore must decide the truth for myself, i.e. a skeptic.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Portland OR it is truly the best city there is. 

West Los Angeles Area, preferably around Santa Monica or Bel Air

Reasons:

-Views of City and/or Ocean

-Weather

-Food

-Entertainment

-Proximity to large urban center

-Close to water

-Close to the Pier (Santa Monica)

-Elon Musk would make a cool neighbor (Bel Air)

-Hot ladies everywhere

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Kyoto Japan lowest crime rates ,green,free from disgusting concrete jungles and a strong culture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Pondicherry, probably.
It's a city in India. The French used to control it until 1954, so even to this day it looks like a small coastal French town (but with South Indians as residents). I went there on vacation a couple of years ago. God damn it's a beautiful place.

Dream Build: 
CPU: Intel Core i420 "Blazewell" GPU: Quad Titan GT420s RAM: 420GB Dank Dominator SSD: 9001 TB WD LeafGreen

If I could live anywhere in the world I wouldn't stay on one place. I would probably stay 4 to 6 months at a time and keep on traveling. But not too much, I'd like to revisit often so I would just do like 4 or 5 cities around the world and just move between them so I could catch up with friends there every other year or so.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dunno exactly... Maybe stay here or if somehow possible, move to Japan. Preferably to either of the 2 northest main islands (so either Hokkaido or Honshu), as I can't stand much heat (or how much hotter are Shikoku and Kyushu from the formerly mentioned two?).

If things were like they were more than 3 years ago, then it would've been either US or UK. But today those are a big nope for me...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I like where I am at now. If I did move it would be to somewhere with a lot less people with a mild climate.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

prostitutes everywhere :P

they're out of my price range  :P

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

• 2 weeks later...

There aren't any places I'd rather live than where I already live, (northern Norway) but I could envision having a permanent second home in Japan, maybe also Corsica (France)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.