maintenance and performance tips?

so im still new to costume pc'ing  but im looking for tips like/on how to..
- keep my internet clean and fast
-hard drives clean and fast
-using my sdd as my boot drive
-maybe anti virus/ maleware tips
-and things people dont really think to maintain..
anything an average person can learn with research, sorry if these are topics pre-made..
any links "youtube,forums etc) would be appreciated.
im using my computer for gaming and medium rendering for now..

BUILD : CPU-Intel Core i7 4790K | MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK1 | RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsZ 32GB | GPU-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 OC | CASE-Corsair Graphite 760T Black | STORAGE- SATA III 240gb SDD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Gold | COOLING-Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid

also best preformance and maintenance programs

BUILD : CPU-Intel Core i7 4790K | MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK1 | RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsZ 32GB | GPU-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 OC | CASE-Corsair Graphite 760T Black | STORAGE- SATA III 240gb SDD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Gold | COOLING-Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid

CCleaner

Malwarebytes

Avast!

If windows is already on normal hard drive, do a complete restore and delete old partitions off of old hdd, install windows on Ssd, set SSD as boot drive in bios.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

also best preformance and maintenance programs

Don't torrent to keep your internet fast, and get a VPN like PIA.

Defragment your HDDs in Windows, very easy search in the Start menu for it.

Leave your SSD to be awesome

Get Malewarebytes (don't run it all the time, just do a scan every few days, if you have Windows 8/8.1 and don't do shady stuff leave it at that, if you have Windows 7 get Avast

Get CCleaner and run the cleanup, it saves a TON of space sometimes.

For moving to an SSD as the boot drive, follow the software part of this guide 

do some poking around for a cloning software.

1. Make sure you decline any "offers" when installing programs. They'll get viruses onto your computer that will infect your browser in no time. And don't download random stuff. ._.

2. Short stroke.

3. When installing Windows select the SSD to install to.

4. Avast and Malwarebytes.

5. I don't know about anyone else, but I CONSTANTLY am checking my temps. I'm just that careful with my PC...

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

1. Make sure you decline any "offers" when installing programs. They'll get viruses onto your computer that will infect your browser in no time. And don't download random stuff. ._.

2. Short stroke.

5. I don't know about anyone else, but I CONSTANTLY am checking my temps. I'm just that careful with my PC...

I MESSED up my Chrome with viruses good point!  I feel like doing a few temp checks every once in a while is good, but not more than that.  Your fans should ramp up if something is hot letting you know.

I MESSED up my Chrome with viruses good point!  I feel like doing a few temp checks every once in a while is good, but not more than that.  Your fans should ramp up if something is hot letting you know.

I wiped my hard drive a couple weeks ago because if viruses in Firefox/Chrome/IE. All were infected. I don't know how I got them, but I did. It started from ads popping up everywhere, then installing random applications, then it started changing my proxy address to random IPs...

Lesson: Be careful what you download/install. And don't do drugs.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I wiped my hard drive a couple weeks ago because if viruses in Firefox/Chrome/IE. All were infected. I don't know how I got them, but I did. It started from ads popping up everywhere, then installing random applications, then it started changing my proxy address to random IPs...

Lesson: Be careful what you download/install. And don't do drugs.

Ahahaha.  In fact, I couldn't log into Chrome because it slowed it down sooo much with Google's "amazing" annoying AF sync stuff

CCleaner

Malwarebytes

Avast!

If windows is already on normal hard drive, do a complete restore and delete old partitions off of old hdd, install windows on Ssd, set SSD as boot drive in bios.

Don't torrent to keep your internet fast, and get a VPN like PIA.

Defragment your HDDs in Windows, very easy search in the Start menu for it.

Leave your SSD to be awesome

Get Malewarebytes (don't run it all the time, just do a scan every few days, if you have Windows 8/8.1 and don't do shady stuff leave it at that, if you have Windows 7 get Avast

Get CCleaner and run the cleanup, it saves a TON of space sometimes.

For moving to an SSD as the boot drive, follow the software part of this guide 

do some poking around for a cloning software.

2. Short stroke.

dont know if it makes a difference but this will be a brand new computer as of next week.. it isnt here yet.. so is there a safe way to download the programs i will need ??

ill prob download windows 7 (might not be legit lol)

are there any advance settings in my start menu that i can easily change that i wont actually use..

VPN like PIA??

dont know if it makes a difference but this will be a brand new computer as of next week.. it isnt here yet.. so is there a safe way to download the programs i will need ??

are there any advance settings in my start menu that i can easily change that i wont actually use..

VPN like PIA??

Disable Indexing, like the moment you get onto Windows. All those really small writes will add up over the years. It might make a difference, you never know. I don't use a VPN myself, but I don't do anything illegal so I wouldn't really need one. The only times I've torrented something is to get a Windows ISO or something like that, because I don't have a DVD drive in my new system.

To install everything you want SUPER easily, just go to https://ninite.com/, select what you want to install and then launch the installer when it downloads. It will install all the applications you selected without the need of worrying about viruses or bloatware being installed on your machine.

Disable Indexing, like the moment you get onto Windows. All those really small writes will add up over the years. It might make a difference, you never know. I don't use a VPN myself, but I don't do anything illegal so I wouldn't really need one. The only times I've torrented something is to get a Windows ISO or something like that, because I don't have a DVD drive in my new system.

To install everything you want SUPER easily, just go to https://ninite.com/, select what you want to install and then launch the installer when it downloads. It will install all the applications you selected without the need of worrying about viruses or bloatware being installed on your machine.

that seems like itll save a lot of time awesome

I second this.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Something I always tell everyone is to always make sure you know what you're doing to your hardware along with your software. Make sure you're surfing safely the Interwebs knowing what to press and what not, for example decline installations/ offers from program installers (most of the time you won't be needing any of that), Decline ANYTHING that has to do with McAfee, Pay attention to Google's website phishing warnings, and please for the love of God DO NOT PRESS the big flashing "Download Now" buttons. I'd also recommend getting an anti-virus but I've hadn't had one and haven't gotten any type of virus, but varies from person to person, and what you do on a daily basis on your computer.

VPN like PIA??

A VPN incodes what you are doing on the internet so your provider won't make certain things faster.