How to improve data security with this hard drive setup?

maxnino

Backupping in order to prevent data loss is really daunting for me..

OS (win 7 ultimate) is on the ssd;

all the downloaded, installed and created files are on my 2TB western digital caviar green hdd.

every 6 months i manually copy everything to a 3TB seagate .

I also recopy what I can to a 1TB external hard drive.

Recently, I got a 2tb Caviar Black .

What Do you suggest me to do?

The dimension of the files I need to store varies between 800 GB Min to 1300 GB Max.

Thank You all.

Backupping in order to prevent data loss is really daunting for me..

OS (win 7 ultimate) is on the ssd;

all the downloaded, installed and created files are on my 2TB western digital caviar green hdd.

every 6 months i manually copy everything to a 3TB seagate .

I also recopy what I can to a 1TB external hard drive.

Recently, I got a 2tb Caviar Black .

What Do you suggest me to do?

The dimension of the files I need to store varies between 800 GB Min to 1300 GB Max.

Thank You all.

Look into raid 1 set ups, that will let you have 2 copies of everything automatically.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Look into raid 1 set ups, that will let you have 2 copies of everything automatically.

Thank You.

I would like to ask You,

Can I do that with completely different hard drives?

Do you need more than one ( or any at all ) external hard drives?

Also what do you think of Cloud storage service , privacy wise ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi maxnino, I agree with loccilucas about RAID 1 backup. Based on the question that you have asked loccilucas. It is not recommended by using different HDD, but it still can be done. The minimum requirement is that, you need have the same volume or same capacity for both drive. What I would recommend is that, keep your downloaded, installed and created file on 3 TB HDD. Every 6 months, back-up to WD Green, and make WD Green and WD black as RAID 1 backup.

Regarding to cloud storage service, it still has chances that people hack in and your data will leak out. Why do have a look with personal cloud storage? Here is the link about Personal cloud. http://goo.gl/UaHV71.