How open are the Superlux HD681/668B?

Pingypoker

I've been looking for new headphones and I don't want to spend that much money. The 681 and 668B seem like a pretty popular choice for people in the same situation as me. The idea of open headphones are very attractive to me, however I haven't seen any good explanations on how open the headphones are. Are they closer to being open or closed?

Also, how comfortable are they? I usually end up with a headache after a few hours of using my G930, and that's unacceptable to me.

Check out 681 EVO. Better choice.

If you want completelly open, take a look at se a-1000 and grado series ( 60, 80 ) if they are discounted, there is also audio technica but its way out of your budget

I have both of these and I can say they are some of the best cheapest headphones I've ever owned. Both of them are semi-open which means they leak a bit but not much, or as much as open ones do. If you are having a chat with someone on skype for example and you are listening to something very loud, they might hear it. 

My suggestion is HD668B, they sound better than the 681.

Check out 681 EVO. Better choice.

If you want completelly open, take a look at se a-1000 and grado series ( 60, 80 ) if they are discounted, there is also audio technica but its way out of your budget

The Pioneers look really good. I'll look into them.

I have both of these and I can say they are some of the best cheapest headphones I've ever owned. Both of them are semi-open which means they leak a bit but not much, or as much as open ones do. If you are having a chat with someone on skype for example and you are listening to something very loud, they might hear it. 

My suggestion is HD668B, they sound better than the 681.

What's your opinion on their comfort?

The Pioneers look really good. I'll look into them.

What's your opinion on their comfort?

Very comfortable, I've heard that some people have had problems with the ear pads making their ears sweaty but I've yet to encounter this. If this did become a problem, you could get some AKG pads and replace them with those, they are compatible. 

I have the HD681 EVO and can wear them all day long easily. Very comfortable, especially if you replace the default pleather pads with the included velour ones. I'd say they are more open than closed. They still isolate well enough and you have to have the volume dangerously high until other people can hear them.